Harrows Wolfram or Wolfram Infinity
Hello Nutz,

I am looking for my next dart to buy and cannot really decide on which of the Harrows Wolfram should I buy, the original or the Infinity.
I am a backside gripper, playing with a 23g darts atm. 
Is there anyone who might have both set and could guide me based on experience of how they are compared to each other?

Thanks!
Playing since April 2019
Harrows Wolfram 97% tungsten, 21g - Harrows Keramic tweenie - standard Target flights
Highets checkout: 112
Best 501: 24 darts
180s: 0
The Wolfram's are a nice enough dart, but there's just so many others. And other than both being 97% tungsten, they're not extremely similar darts. Infinities are straight; original is tapered at the front.
I love the look of the Infinity, but have never understood why if it's 97%, it's bigger than many other 90% darts of the same weight.
For instance:
The 23 g Infinity is 50 x 6.7
23 g Rob Cross 90% tungesten dart: 48 x 6.6
It's just one example, but there's many. If the point of more tungsten is to make a denser (more compact dart for the same weight) dart, then why is it BIGGER?

Maybe some is coating/grip, but to me it still doesn't add up.

Maybe to keep the 97% from being too brittle they have to use a very light weight other 3%... but then what's the point?

Very good point! I also cannot rep my head around this, tbh I am not sure if any thinner would even fit me, and I think the thickness could be the grip and coating.
Felt good to throw with the infinity, but I only had the chance to try a 22g and felt that I miss that 1 gramm haha Big Grin
Had no chance to throw the original but I guess it should be back heavy with the tapered front shouldnt it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playing since April 2019
Harrows Wolfram 97% tungsten, 21g - Harrows Keramic tweenie - standard Target flights
The Infinity's are tapered, the reason the say 6.7 is because that is the measurement on the smooth section in the middle, it would depend on what style of grip you like, the originals have a ring grip the Infinity have a razor style grip, i never got the originals because i read they wore real quick
(12-14-2019, 11:33 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: The Infinity's are tapered, the reason the say 6.7 is because that is the measurement on the smooth section in the middle, it would depend on what style of grip you like, the originals have a ring grip the Infinity have a razor style grip, i never got the originals because i read they wore real quick

Thanks a lot, I like the ring grip, razor style I just throw this one in the shop, but felt okey.

Well maybe I buy both to try myself haha

Playing since April 2019
That works too lol
(12-14-2019, 11:33 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: The Infinity's are tapered, the reason the say 6.7 is because that is the measurement on the smooth section in the middle, it would depend on what style of grip you like, the originals have a ring grip the Infinity have a razor style grip, i never got the originals because i read they wore real quick

It's always been hard to tell this in the pics and I've not been able to see a set up close, but in the pics I've seen if the that smooth section is significantly wider it's hard to tell.  I looked back at Darren's review; his measurement diagram doesn't specify that it's any wider than the rest of the shaft.  I'd be interested to know if anyone has a set and can post their findings.

Well I am going to buy them eventually, gonna let you know!

Playing since April 2019
Well i have a set of 21gms Infinitys they measure 6.25mm on the smooth part they taper too 5.40mm
Do you throw them a lot?
Those measurements are very solid!

Playing since April 2019
(12-15-2019, 12:13 AM)János Gönczi Wrote: Do you throw them a lot?
Those measurements are very solid!

Yes i got them last december, i threw them as my main set up until about a month ago, now there my back up set
(12-15-2019, 12:10 AM)Crusher17 Wrote: Well i have a set of 21gms Infinitys they measure 6.25mm on the smooth part they taper too 5.40mm

Wow, 5.4 seems really narrow.  I never realized it was that tapered; maybe because the main image I've looked the CGI image on Harrow's site.  It really looks nearly straight....
https://www.harrowsdarts.com/steeltip-da...gsten-21gr

Darren's diagram of the 23 g measures the bulge, which is supposed to be 6.7, at 6.77
The 21g is supposed to be 6.4; 6.25 is quite a bit off that as well.

Edit: after posting I held s straight edge up to the image; I can appreciate a subtle taper.

Spina!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Somehow I don’t like the spina looks, but thanks for mentioning it, I go to the shop and try them out as well to see how they feel, cause that is more important than looks haha

Playing since April 2019

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Wolfram 21g with Winmau Freeflo point János Gönczi 7 440 01-11-2020, 03:48 PM
Last Post: RaakNiX
  Choosing new darts – Harrows Wolfram Infinity versus Unicorn Neon 2 Phil McKeown 9 491 09-26-2019, 05:50 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Harrows Wolfram Infinity Angel of darts 17 2,111 09-26-2019, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Can you make Wolfram Infinity steel tip darts heavier? Butcher 1 249 03-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Crusher17