Rotafix - board wabbles
Hey nutz!

I just recievede a rotafix bracket yesterday, and mounted it on my G3 board.

Now, the problem is that the board wabbles. It actually wabbles enough that the darts wont stick properly, and a lot of them fall out..
Even though I have seen most of you guys report that the board sits nice and tight with the rotafix, I have also seen reports about wobbeling boards before.

Any of you have a clue why this happens, and know how to fix it?
(06-14-2019, 08:38 AM)MariusOveras Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I had an issue with the Rotafix on some boards where the board had already been fitted with a traditional bracket and screw mount. The centre board screw for the Rotafix was much smaller so it wouldn’t screw in tightly and would wobble.

I ended up filling the centre hole of the board with broken match sticks and wood glue. I smoothed it off with sandpaper when dry and screwed in the rotafix screw.

Hopefully that works for you.
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
I did similar to Humdinger. I have the privilege of having a woodworking shop at my house so I took it just a step further. I drilled out the center hole with a 1/2" forstener bit then took a 1/2 " dowel and glued it in the hole, cut it off flush with the back of the board and when the glue dried, I drilled a new hole to accept the screw. No problems after that.
gumbo2176
The dowel trick sounds like a good plan. I'll use that one if I ever have a problem. Hope that it works for OP
(06-14-2019, 01:03 PM)Humdinger Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
This is brilliant.  When I used to have to drive long thin nails into concrete I would drill a hole bigger than the nail and cram a couple of matchsticks in the hole and then drive the nail into them.  Never thought of doing this with a dartboard.
Tooth picks and carpenters glue has fixed a multitude of worn out screw holes for me - on kitchen cabinets most recently. Saw off with one of those multi tool thingys with a plunge cut blade.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(06-15-2019, 04:58 AM)Cat Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Well said Good contribution to the topic..... you never cease to amaze  Rolleyes

Kind regards
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."