My collection and DIY display
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register[/img]
Ok so I've been buying a lot of dart sets... 
A couple months back my very patient wife began getting a little fed up with darts all over and asked me to get them organized.  I searched and really couldn't find a decent display for more than just a few sets.  I searched here and found a few stands that became my inspiration, and a project was born.  My first prototype was just a flat piece of wood, and I quickly realized I'd need a press to get straight holes, and I'd need tiers to be able to see more than just the front row.  I'd wanted a Dremel drill anyhow, and they make a nice adaptor that turns a Dremel into a press. I bought pine boards and but them to size, and finished them with dark walnut Danish Oil.  Now the wife's much less annoyed!

You can see I offset the 2nd tier holes 1/2 inch to try to make the darts easier to see.  However because it's so crammed it didn't have the effect I'd hoped.  If I do another, I think I'll leave a little more space between each set (currently there's 1 inch, I'd probably go 1.5).  I've got room and material left for a 4th tier and will likely go ahead and add it this weekend.  Room to grow!

I'm a Condor flight/stem fan, but maybe I've become burned out on them and lately and recently wanted to try some other products.  I like the Robsons but am not sure about they're durability (tore throw a couple sets fast).  I like Cosmos, but not thrilled with the costs.  The Nylons seem ok so far.  I bought some L Style stuff too and while it might be more durable, I don't love the look or extra fuss of the caps. 

The bottom tier has my favorite sets, roughly in order of preference.

So here we go, front L to R:
1. Unicorn John Lowe Purist Phase 2.  Loving this dart!  Newest addition but it's been great. I'm usually not a gold fan, but for some reason I love the look so much I added gold storm points.
2. Target Rob Cross 23 g.  1st Hat Trick with this set.  
3. Target CX4.  Love the lateral cuts/octagon shape; it's why I went with the Lowe Phase 2 instead of earlier versions.
4. Bulls Shockwave 21 g, the indents keep my grip honest, until I get nervous.
5. V180 Alan Tabern 21 g.  Favorite value, under $25, 47.25 x 6.05 mm.  
6. XQMax MVG Carreer Slam 21 g.  Love the set, but won't buy more XQMax darts after reading more about them here.
7. Target C4, bought used off eBay.  A little beat up in the front by previous user, but great dart.
8. Harrows Pulse 23 g, im-"pulse" buy at a local store.
9. Unicorn T95 XL Core - wanted a thinnish shortish heavy dart, love the grip.
10. XQMax Mighty Generation 21 g, stripped of green paint, love the subtle scallop towards the front
11. Target Wayne Mardle 501
12. Winmau Merwyn King 22 g
13. Target C12 25g, bought on recent special 
14. McKicks Premium White 23 g, decided I should have the true MVG dart, not just the XQMax.
15. Target RVG9Five gen 1.  Bought off eBay cheap from someone who didn't want to deal with a broken point.  It's currently soaking in vinegar; I got a lot out with alum but haven't had a big block of time to try again.  Might move up in preference order once I have 3 to throw.

Second Tier:
1. V180 Mark McGeeny 22.5 g
2. V180 James Richardson JR501 23 g.  Both great values, nice darts.
3. Pentathlon 23 g from Darts Clearance; nice dart but quickly learned my threshold for length is around 51-52.
4. Bulls Barracuda outer grip 23 g
5. Colonial 80 23 g, very similar to McKicks Flash marines
6. Monster Alchemy 2 20g, love the look but not a great dart for me
7. Designa Ultralites v12 15 g
8. Designa Silver Mustang 23 g
9/10. - Designa Exterminator 21 g.  I bought 2 sets; I was practicing with both for awhile.  Plus it's a great way to experiment to see how different flights/stems behave differently. 
11. Designa Black Shadow S4 23 g.
12. Designa Spectre 321 21 g
13. Designa Spectre 422 22 g
14. Darts Clearance "WhitMocks" 23 g

Third Tier:
1. Voks Mosquitos 5.5 g, fun to own.
2. Red Dragon Featherlite 5 10 g, I can actually throw these decently
3. Shot! Infinity 6 23 g, the favorite of my 8 year old son
4. Shot! Digit soft 22 g with size 5 conversion points
5. Harrows Rapide Knurled FL 26 g - 1st 180
6. Harrows Rapide Ringed FL 22 g
7. Harrows RAZR straight 26 g, lots of deflections due to the grip.  
8. Unicorn Core Striker 32 g - I just wanted to see what throwing an really heavy dart was like, fun to own/throw
9. Colonial 80 soft 20 g
The next 4 are from my previous dart life
10. Bottlesen Mega Thrust soft, dressed for my 11 yo daughter.  Gifted to me; I never really like them.
11. Bottlesen Devastators 18 g with conversion points in place of Hammer Heads
12. Bottlesen Precision Grip 18 g with conversion points; I still really love this dart, but back row b/c it's grouped with the others.
13. Bottlesen Great White 23 g

Link for bigger image: https://imgur.com/a/UXeQteP
Very nice collection and good job on the stand!
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Very nice.  And practical to get a set to throw. Wink

cheers...
(04-27-2019, 02:11 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks! And yes you're right, I probably should buy another set.
Smile
(04-27-2019, 02:08 AM)RobJon Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks!  I'm not much of a handy man, so I'm pretty ecstatic with how it turned out.
Whitmocks. That sounds a little better than what I've been calling mine..."Whitlikes". I might have to change the label on my storage drawer Smile Great dart too.
(04-27-2019, 03:56 AM)LPPK Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
They are a great dart, especially for the cost.  I think they've been out of stock for a bit now.

I've also heard Counter-Feit-locks.
(04-27-2019, 04:25 AM)holmesness Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
They are actually now back in stock if you want to get another set.

Nice collection and nicely displayed/sorted - worth a +1 in my book
Very nice collection... as well as an equally impressive collection of moulded flights Smile
Nice collection and good job on the stand. Also good to get your insight into some of the darts as a few are on my list of darts to try.
(04-27-2019, 06:34 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterThanks and great to know!
(04-27-2019, 07:24 AM)Humdinger Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yep, I'm a little OCD and like my moulded flights with their perfect angles!
(04-27-2019, 09:35 AM)5or1 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks!  Happy to provide more info on any particular dart.  There's some I might sell at some point.  Early on I wasn't thinking ahead and threw away my boxes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Darts area DIY - Storage/Display Daniel O'Connor 6 781 04-30-2018, 10:51 PM
Last Post: Levonster
  New display cabinet hamo 20 1,220 12-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Last Post: carlmuscleman67