Grand Board 3 Settings = and what they do...
I posted this on the Granboard face book page as well, but I know a lot of you here have Gran Boards as well and may not go there so thought I would post here as well

May want to sticky ths as I couldn't find my original post..
But I got in touch with Gran Darts to find out exactly what each setting does and here is the response as of the Nov 1/18 and current firmware:
Response Interval:
The response interval is the interval setting between accepting the first dart → the second dart...
The longer it goes to the right of the setting bar, the shorter it goes to the left.

Outer Sensor Sensitivity:
This is an adjustment function of the sensitivity of the device that makes out judgment. The out sensor is not a switch type sensor like a target number, but it senses the vibrations generated on the board, and sends a signal of the out judgment to the application when the strength of the vibration exceeds the set value.

Since the intensity varies depending on the installation environment of the board, the sensitivity of the sensor can be freely changed by the user. Fixed directly to the wall, fixed using a bracket, attached to the board stand, various others will all behave differently.

Target area sensor:
It is very difficult to explain this function in detail.
Set 4 is the default setting and sets 1, 2, and 3 are set to be less sensitive than default. If you feel that there are a lot of mistakes in set 4, we recommend you change it, starting with three and work your way down.

Auto Change:
Like the online matchup, the auto change function is effective even in normal games. After judging 3 darts, it will automatically switch to the next round or player after 5 seconds.

Also A few others that most know:
USB controls light and power so the power switch does nothing, and batteries are not need at all.
USB has to be 2.4V power supply or more, less will cause issues, especially when updating firmware

You can use batteries only as well but then essentially functions as a Granboard 2 with no LED's

Hope this helps people getting their boards dialed in, and from what I have seen don't be afrai to pull the back off the board and take a quick peak inside to make sure things are all connected snugly and completely [Image: 1f642.png].

Don't attach to the wall super tight as it may cause issues, rubber feel or foam spacers on back of board seem to work very well too!

Cheers
TJ
Home & Work Board - GranBoard 3
Campsite Board - Granboard Dash
Target Chizzy Pixel Grips 18G, Int. Pro-Grip Shafts
Snakebite Mamba 2 - 18 G, Carbon-Ti shafts
Cuesoul Black Scorpion 18G, Stock setup
Winmau Sub-zero 18G, Int. Pro-Grip Shaft
L-Style premium tips in all
Nice. Thanks a lot. 
Time to mount my GranBoard in my new house and have some games... Board is waiting, new darts are waiting, friends are waiting... Man, i need more time Dodgy
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
Tongue 
(11-01-2018, 07:52 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Nice. Thanks a lot. 
Time to mount my GranBoard in my new house and have some games... Board is waiting, new darts are waiting, friends are waiting... Man, i need more time Dodgy

No Problem get er up and start throwing Smile
Agree sticky is a good idea, quite a few questions about the GB3.

cheers...
Just wanted to share a quick update here with everyone.

Gran Darts sent me two replacement rubber mats to try out in both of my GB3’s to see if it would correct the odd out registering as a double.

The new mats themselves are a much denser, firm light grey rubber material vs the originals that were s very soft bright white material.

After let them sit rolled up for a bit ( they shipped folded so had some creases in them )

Installed and played over a dozen games on each and not a single misreading.

So if your still having issues with misses getting read as a double I would contact them through the app help option and ask for a new mat. I will show my settings below....

[Image: 84557ce95af2aeaf32b4f28d0391d4a0.jpg]
[Image: d6a45c9a160fc3cbe70c550f7ece8ee8.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice to know. Thank you.

The newer mat is the one above, right?
Yep more grey in color....

Similar feel to the mat in the GranBoard Dash’s and the original GranBoard 2, except light grey instead of black.

I’m guessing the white one is too soft and allowing for more flex on the matrix giving the false readings especially around the perimeter where there is a little more flex to the skeleton...

So another 30 plus games between the two boards today and not one error reading. The new mat certainly did the trick.

If your having issues you could have the original softer mat, and I highly recommend you ask for the new grey one!

(11-01-2018, 07:52 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Nice. Thanks a lot. 

What kind of darts are those in your signature?
Gran Darts run a very good customer service network. After reporting issues via the GranBoard app I was quickly contacted by the European GD sales to let me know that GD was aware of my email and would contact immediately following the New Years Holiday. 
As promised, I was contacted by GD upon their return to work and they quickly shipped me the improved mat.

As reported in this thread... Mat removed 95+% of scoring errors. The very few periodic errors experienced still are related to bottom of board missed shots (OB) and Lower right doubles (D3, D17, D2) only .

I am satisfied with the GB3 performance at this point.
(02-04-2019, 09:13 PM)Steve Young Wrote: What kind of darts are those in your signature?

Those are custom made darts from Tony (CustomMadeDarts)
Might not be the right spot but, does the Granboard 3 have a the option to turn double bull off? My current board they are split with no shut off option. Looking for a new board that I can set up like the kids 501 league they throw in.
Can I know if I can use my 20 gram Darton this board?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk
(08-29-2019, 04:02 PM)intimacyr Wrote: Can I know if I can use my 20 gram Darton this board?

No hands on knowledge, but this thread may be useful:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=35055

Welcome to the forum BTW...
Thanks.. That helps...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fit points Plus breaking segments on Grand Board 3 McBoing 31 1,635 03-29-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: McBoing
  Grand Board Stand morris14 3 948 01-08-2018, 10:49 AM
Last Post: morris14
  Grand Board Question TJSlayer 2 617 12-07-2017, 11:06 PM
Last Post: TJSlayer