L-Style
Morning all

First of all, thanks to everyone who has already posted info on the L Style flights and stems, I've read quite a few threads which has made me opt for these!

So I got a set of the fixed stems and regular flights a few weeks ago and they've held up very well, I'm just about to buy a couple more sets and was hoping to get a bit of advice on which to go for...

I'm thinking of going for the spinning stems as a lot of people have mentioned they will last longer and cut down on deflections.  Since I've been using the fixed ones I've noticed I've had a lot more bounce outs, I changed darts at the same time though so I'm not sure what is the cause, has anyone else had this with the fixed stems?

I'm currently using the plain black flights but was looking at getting some of the dimple ones, are the dimples just for appearance or will they affect the flight of the darts?

And I'm currently just using the basic champagne caps that come with the stems but I've noticed a couple have cracked pretty quickly, is it worth changing to the metal ones and if so, are they noticably heavier than the normal ones?

Thanks in advance

Chappers
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
Spinning stems are alright but in my opinion not really necessary, if you do get them they might rattle a bit but that's easily fixed with a bit of superlube grease: [IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register (also works with Cosmo stems for those wondering).

I  found the dimple's to have slightly more drag than the regular shape ones, they are kind of in between the standards and the shapes. One bonus with these is that they don't show the scratches from the points as much so they stay visibly new.

Never really noticed much difference between the metal caps and the plastic ones in regards of how my darts are flying/landing. I much prefer the metal ones as they are basically indestructible.
(11-02-2018, 12:18 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Gold champagne caps 
Wish i could help on the Dimplex ones, but never tried those, i know there more but i prefer the carbon spinners they held together better for me, as joeri mentioned some have used grease for the normal spinners, the metal caps you have to look at some have a hole which i dont think are much more weight then plastic but there is also weighted ones
(11-02-2018, 02:31 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks Crusher, yes i should have mentioned it's the carbon spinners I'm looking at, I think I'm definitely going to go for those.  Something that Joeri mentioned, I hadn't realised there was a difference between the 'shape' flights and standard, I thought they were both just standard shape, do you know are the shape a bit smaller than standards or larger?
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Gold champagne caps 
(11-02-2018, 02:51 PM)Chappers Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Standard is the regular standard size, Shape is like a Target No6 size, give me a bit i'll see if i can find mine and measure, my stuff is everywhere in the middle of moving stuff around lol
(11-02-2018, 02:51 PM)Chappers Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Shape are a wee smaller.
(11-02-2018, 02:58 PM)Great White North Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yes L-style shape is the same size as a Target No6 or a Harrows flight. The dimplex ones only come in this size iirc.

L-style Standard is the same as a Target No2 or an Amazon/Ruthless flight.
Thanks for your help everyone! I'd actually been using Shape and hadn't noticed they were different to standard, but before I tried L Style I've been using Harrows Retina standard for ages which you mention are same size as No6 anyway Big Grin
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Gold champagne caps 
(11-02-2018, 03:29 PM)Chappers Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Ya if you use Retinas then it should be pretty close to what you already used
(11-02-2018, 11:05 AM)Chappers Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Hi Chappers,

im using the metal caps, the weight is negligible. If you need a heavier rear end there are special extra heavy caps to help a bit. Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(11-02-2018, 03:59 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks, I've just put my order in, added some metal caps to it.
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Gold champagne caps 
Thanks for the info everyone, very helpful. I've ordered and gone for the carbon silent, metal caps and standard flights. I think I'm going to try the flights and caps with some Target Pro Grip Spins too and see how they work out, could be a good back up option if I can't afford to stock up on more carbon shafts.

Edit: ordered from DC last night, arrived already Smile

Looking forward to trying out my haul

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Gold champagne caps 
I ordered a selection of flights and short stems ( also from DC), Just to give them a whirl, as it stands I use Clear fixed short with black "dimple" SHAPE flights in my match darts,  I use a short spinner with Rocket flights in my DPC Extremes, and a fixed clear short and black pear in my DPC dual grips,  they just seem to work well in their individual set up but will not work when I swap between darts ??!!,

And for reference my Son uses Short carbon stems with Yellow "shape" and loves them,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson WC, 25g

"Hopefully I`ll get to throw 3 in Heaven before the Devil finds out I`m dead" !

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
I used the Dimple Shape Flights.
They are very durable. They last very long.
The con for me is that they are not in the No.2 Shape.