DIY - cheap alternative 360° lighting system
looks great!
Awesome ideas. I really like the bike rim one. I am definitely going to try this one out. Especially since it will save me some money, I couldn't get a Corona light surround if I wanted to. Everyone is sold out here in the states!!!
Absolutely brilliant. I was thinking through last week, what to use as a ring and then saw this thread.
(03-07-2018, 12:57 AM)Twenty-one Wrote: Awesome idea the bike rim!
I'll go and get busy with that one too sometime in the near future. Smile

I posted the result herre : http://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthrea...#pid490634
Very resourceful. I picked up a track light for $1 at a thrift store and got my brother who is an electrician to install it, so that was very light on the pocket Only a minimal shadow below the dart, but really not bad at all. But your idea is very good. I have seen LED strip lighting at local dollar stores.
Cannot see the image. Because newbie. But can to imagine tour idea.
Fantastic idea, will be looking to source the parts and see what i can do.
Looks awesome man!
(10-05-2018, 12:00 AM)Garyw1960 Wrote: Fantastic idea, will be looking to source the parts and see what i can do.

(10-05-2018, 08:20 AM)Bloodycut Wrote: Looks awesome man!

Thank you guys.

In fact im still using it, although it was just meant as a provisional solution. But it just works perfect.  Cool
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
Look so dope but in my city the original material is most expensive than the brand items
Between this thread and a response on Facebook I'm going to give this a try ordered the lighting for £8 and sent some messages to bike shops regarding a wheel so with a bit of luck they will have one for FOC or cheap that was destined for the skip, then will only need to sort brackets so hopefully will get it done in under £15

Thanks for the Idea +1
[Image: Auto-Moto-giant-wheels-01.jpg]just need to get the tyre off firstBig Grin
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase /Gen1 26g
SHAFTS-Unicorn Gripper 4 Elements (Long)
FLIGHTS-Unicorn Chris Dobey Big Wing 100g Micron
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile

[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
I hoping OP or someone else who has done this might be able to answer a few questions.

I've finally got round to get a 28" Wheel for this project and doubling up the project to make a DIY Pallet dartboard surround this weekend, my questions are:

1. Would the placement of the light strip be better on the flat surface or the slight the angled surface?

2. I was intending on using or bending a bit of flat bar for the brackets to that they went straight from the outer edge of the wheel straight into the pallet dartboard surround, rather than going in at an angle like the target surround but what have people found the ideal distance from the light to the board to be?

Also if you see any flaws in my plans let me know hopefully it wont be an epic fail.

Wheel I intend to use

Thanks in Advance
I think I'd glue it to the outside of the black part.
I'm not sure if I can see enough in the pictures... Is the silver part slightly offset on the black one? If so, it could lead to a shadow if you stick it on the silver one. You would have to try it out.

I would also make the distance from the board dependent on whether and how much shadow is created.
It may be that the led stripe does not hold well, because it is glued in a perfect circle. Then you have to glue it again and again...