Darts Nutz Darts Forum
Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Printable Version

+- Darts Nutz Darts Forum (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ALL ABOUT DARTS (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Show Us Your: Darts Set Up, Grip, Special Shots etc (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+--- Thread: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) (/showthread.php?tid=60)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Spokeless - 05-03-2020

Absorbing the variety, imagination, ingenuity and aesthetics of everyone’s setup is so educational - and inspiring!

One task, creating a functional but interesting shade for a light source, had been evading me .. until I finally got a floating 'card-fan' oriented exactly right - but don't breathe .. Smile
-
[Image: JteuCXxm.jpg]
Upgrading to include a flood/fill light source (details DIY lighting thread) means the shooter's view is now less film noir .. and more worn downWink 
-
[Image: lUbHopEl.jpg]

-Frank, in SF, CA

"May your aim remain true."

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Nzderek - 05-16-2020

[Image: rkQjE1a.jpg]

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Nzderek - 05-16-2020

Saturday morning project.
Raised oche, should stop my toes creeping forward

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Pidge - 05-16-2020

[Image: 1VKh4Di.jpg]

Excuse the state of the spare room!

I bought the Unicorn floor to ceiling stand and it was absolute junk. The board would have been more stable on a water bed. I returned it and decided to build my own. About £40 in materials and 4 hours of free time and this is what I managed. I do eventually want to put some MDF across the top of the oche for a full raised oche all the way to the board. 

I'd love to have it on the wall, but new build walls aren't the strongest! Plus I don't annoy the neighbours this way. So this is about the best my none existent woodworking skills can get me.

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Cels - 05-17-2020

[Image: l4Tfa6b.jpg][Image: YqIRMsm.jpg]

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Trainor180 - 05-17-2020

(05-16-2020, 09:15 PM)Pidge Wrote: PIC REMOVED
Firstly, well done on the craftmanship. I am useless at stuff like that but I have a mate who is brilliant at it. I am thinking about commissioning something similar. All the stands and similar things I have looked at buying all seem to be flawed. So I think building one is best. What is it like for sound compared to one on the wall? Is it noticeably quieter?

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Gooddark - 05-18-2020

This is my 3rd board, set  up,  in my office . 
I found a small clip light at Walmart today. Perfect for a bit of extra light
[Image: emXS5s0.jpg]

I have the viper shadow buster on the way from amazon for my main board in the cabinet. . . .i feel these Little clip ones would be perfect if I hadn’t ordered the shadowbuster last night.

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Cels - 05-18-2020

(05-18-2020, 01:31 AM)Gooddark Wrote: This is my 3rd board, set  up,  in my office . 

I have the viper shadow buster on the way from amazon for my main board in the cabinet. . . .i feel these Little clip ones would be perfect if I hadn’t ordered the shadowbuster last night.
Shadow buster looks like a great option, I’m building doors for my cabinet currently and will be installing those afterwards.

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - JAMSGOLF - 05-18-2020

(05-18-2020, 01:31 AM)Gooddark Wrote: This is my 3rd board, set  up,  in my office . 

(05-18-2020, 03:00 AM)Cels Wrote: Shadow buster looks like a great option, I’m building doors for my cabinet currently and will be installing those afterwards.

Hey guys, I just installed these Shadow Busters on both my Steel Tip board and my Nexus. I ordered two AC adapters to use with them (not from the Shadow Buster company as they're sold out). I don't think they would be bright enough using battery power alone. The two adapters I ordered were NOT correct - despite being the correct size according to all literature and websites. The pin size is not what they have listed and the positive/negative was backward and I had to go to a local electronics store and get a "converter" to make them the correct polarity, otherwise it would have blown the units.

I wasn't completely happy with the Shadow Busters alone as I don't think they produced enough light to "eliminate" shadows...which is why I guess they're called "Busters" and not "Eliminators". I ended up keeping a 200 watt LED bulb in a ceiling fan/light pointed at both boards. With that combination of the LED and the Busters, I'm pretty pleased with the results...but wouldn't be with only one or the other alone.

Just my $0.02.

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Cels - 05-18-2020

(05-18-2020, 03:14 AM)JAMSGOLF Wrote:

(05-18-2020, 03:00 AM)Cels Wrote: Shadow buster looks like a great option, I’m building doors for my cabinet currently and will be installing those afterwards.

Hey guys, I just installed these Shadow Busters on both my Steel Tip board and my Nexus. I ordered two AC adapters to use with them (not from the Shadow Buster company as they're sold out). I don't think they would be bright enough using battery power alone. The two adapters I ordered were NOT correct - despite being the correct size according to all literature and websites. The pin size is not what they have listed and the positive/negative was backward and I had to go to a local electronics store and get a "converter" to make them the correct polarity, otherwise it would have blown the units.

I wasn't completely happy with the Shadow Busters alone as I don't think they produced enough light to "eliminate" shadows...which is why I guess they're called "Busters" and not "Eliminators". I ended up keeping a 200 watt LED bulb in a ceiling fan/light pointed at both boards. With that combination of the LED and the Busters, I'm pretty pleased with the results...but wouldn't be with only one or the other alone.

Just my $0.02.

appreciate the input. I’m currently using an LED wall picture light mounted to the top of my cabinet and has zero shadows. No complaints at all with the lighting just wanted something I could move when I install cabinet doors. 

(05-18-2020, 03:14 AM)JAMSGOLF Wrote:

Just my $0.02.

I ordered the A/C adaptor......and I ordered them with the intent as a secondary lighting system. I have one over head as well. Hoping these work for shadows.

No one mentioned on webcamdarts about shadows. I warned before game .

I hope I have no issue with powering them. I have dozens of AC adapters ...dozens...

Any chance chance a picture of the size?.

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - JAMSGOLF - 05-18-2020

(05-18-2020, 04:08 AM)Gooddark Wrote: I ordered the A/C adaptor......and I ordered them with the intent as a secondary lighting system. I have one over head as well. Hoping these work for shadows.

I hope I have no issue with powering them. I have dozens of AC adapters ...dozens...

Sure...Pic of the size of what? The adapter, the Buster, or my setup?

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Pidge - 05-18-2020

(05-17-2020, 12:43 PM)Trainor180 Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 09:15 PM)Pidge Wrote: PIC REMOVED
Firstly, well done on the craftmanship. I am useless at stuff like that but I have a mate who is brilliant at it. I am thinking about commissioning something similar. All the stands and similar things I have looked at buying all seem to be flawed. So I think building one is best. What is it like for sound compared to one on the wall? Is it noticeably quieter?
Cheers mate. I've tried 3 stands now and they've all been flawed. 

In terms of sound Vs on the wall it's just as loud, maybe a touch quieter in the room but the added benefit of the sound not leaving the room because there is no thud on the walls. My Mrs can be in one of the other spare rooms on the same level, or on the floor above or even on the ground floor and she can't hear a thing. 

I've not properly secured the back board onto the frame yet either as I ran out of the correct length screws. Once that is fully secure all around the edges it will be even quieter. And to get it even quieter still, you could line the back board with something better at noise reduction than wood, like foam, felt etc. 

If you do take the plunge and build your own you won't be disappointed.

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - nixer55 - 05-18-2020

(05-18-2020, 03:14 AM)JAMSGOLF Wrote: Hey guys, I just installed these Shadow Busters on both my Steel Tip board and my Nexus. I ordered two AC adapters to use with them (not from the Shadow Buster company as they're sold out). I don't think they would be bright enough using battery power alone. The two adapters I ordered were NOT correct - despite being the correct size according to all literature and websites. The pin size is not what they have listed and the positive/negative was backward and I had to go to a local electronics store and get a "converter" to make them the correct polarity, otherwise it would have blown the units.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks for confirming - good info.  Didn't think those lights would quite cut it when I looked them over on Amazon.  Actually, some of the feedback mirrored your comments.  Those were probably real dart players.  Tongue

cheers...

(05-18-2020, 05:51 AM)JAMSGOLF Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 04:08 AM)Gooddark Wrote: I ordered the  A/C adaptor......and I ordered them with the intent as a secondary lighting system. I have one over head as well. Hoping these work for shadows.

Sure...Pic of the size of what? The adapter, the Buster, or my setup?

Lol the a/c adapter connecter, you said you couldn’t find the right size adapter or they set the wrong size isize?