Darts Nutz Darts Forum
Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Printable Version

+- Darts Nutz Darts Forum (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ALL ABOUT DARTS (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forum-11.html)
+--- Forum: Show Us Your: Darts Set Up, Grip, Special Shots etc (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forum-66.html)
+--- Thread: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) (/thread-60.html)

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - JAMSGOLF - 04-19-2020

(04-19-2020, 03:24 PM)PAULCFC Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 06:11 AM)JAMSGOLF Wrote: Oh if i only had the space!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I bought this house due to this room. It was one of the only houses I looked at which had room for a 9 foot Diamond pool table. I'm lucky I had the room to put the two boards up.

Off to the left, outside the frame of the picture, I have a stereo stand that I would GLADLY remove to have a cabinet full of "goodies" such as yourself!   Wink

Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - ptbo darts - 04-19-2020

Just got this sorted out. Built the cabinet/surround out of mostly reclaimed materials from the renovations on our main floor. Can easily swap between the soft and steel tip boards. RGB LED strip light provides the lighting.

Just need some material to cover the foam backer for each board, but those kind of shops are closed for a bit.
[Image: 597c52add29e015b920e55f98b8bc829.jpg][Image: 1bc2562580f87bf338b59989c83f5877.jpg]

Sent from my BlackBerry Keyone using Tapatalk

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - jt4527 - 04-20-2020

Nothing special here, just a Blade 5 in an old cabinet with the doors removed and a whiteboard to one side. Recently got myself a dart mart and an oche and am getting used to having something up against my foot rather than looking down every time to see the line on the floor in permanent marker!

[Image: W8trbuKl.jpg] [Image: Z4sYC1ml.jpg]

Yes, that is my left-handed golf club on top of the cabinet and no, I do not throw left-handed Smile

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - JAMSGOLF - 04-20-2020

(04-20-2020, 06:51 AM)jt4527 Wrote: Nothing special here, just a Blade 5 in an old cabinet with the doors removed and a whiteboard to one side. Recently got myself a dart mart and an oche and am getting used to having something up against my foot rather than looking down every time to see the line on the floor in permanent marker!

Yes, that is my left-handed golf club on top of the cabinet and no, I do not throw left-handed Smile

I like the addition of the club! If you take a look at my setup - a few posts above - it makes sense to me! Smile Smile

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Humdinger - 04-20-2020

Still using the Shot Nomad which just leans against the wall. It’s solid, quiet and works well with both steel and soft tip boards. It’s pricey but has still been good value.

[Image: 7CtFl0M.jpg]

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - IgorB - 04-20-2020

(04-20-2020, 06:51 AM)jt4527 Wrote: Pic Removed

I'm curious on how did you realized the oche.
I want to drill a couple of holes like you did to fix in place a proper woodpiece, to use as oche but want it removable when I don't play.
Your solutions seems quite easy to do...
Can you explain a little? Thanks in advance!

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - jt4527 - 04-20-2020

(04-20-2020, 02:06 PM)IgorB Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 06:51 AM)jt4527 Wrote: Pic Removed

I'm curious on how did you realized the oche.
I want to drill a couple of holes like you did to fix in place a proper woodpiece, to use as oche but want it removable when I don't play.
Your solutions seems quite easy to do...
Can you explain a little? Thanks in advance!

No drilling required!

This is what I bought

A metal strip goes underneath with two poles either side of the mat and then another metal strip with holes goes over the top. It's fixed in place with two large plastic wingnut type things. I have found it to be very sturdy, and I say that as quite a big bloke Smile

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - IgorB - 04-20-2020

(04-20-2020, 02:39 PM)jt4527 Wrote: No drilling required!

This is what I bought

A metal strip goes underneath with two poles either side of the mat and then another metal strip with holes goes over the top. It's fixed in place with two large plastic wingnut type things. I have found it to be very sturdy, and I say that as quite a big bloke Smile
Nice and clean!
For various reasons I cannot use a dart mat...
I found this: Steel oche that looks like what I wanted to do...

I put it in the wish list.
Thanks!

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Trainor180 - 04-28-2020

It's not finished. The room still needs painting, more MVG canvases will be ordered and the framed shirt will go on the wall. I also need to build a raised oche.

[Image: 49830425542_bc975e3a1b_k.jpg]

[Image: 49830457017_efb9b93ccc_k.jpg]

[Image: 49829586963_fefd28466f_k.jpg]

[Image: 49829586723_9952e13336_w.jpg]
If you don't have a raised oche, I really recommend you put something down that won't move, it will help your game if you're not looking down before you throw. I am looking forward to building a real one but the weights on the floor has worked out very well for me. It is a stop-gap until I get a real raised oche but if that isn't an option for you, weights will work well.

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - JAMSGOLF - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 04:46 PM)Trainor180 Wrote: It's not finished. The room still needs painting, more MVG canvases will be ordered and the framed shirt will go on the wall. I also need to build a raised oche.
If you don't have a raised oche, I really recommend you put something down that won't move, it will help your game if you're not looking down before you throw. I am looking forward to building a real one but the weights on the floor has worked out very well for me. It is a stop-gap until I get a real raised oche but if that isn't an option for you, weights will work well.

I wish for the life of me I could figure out who your favorite player is... Wink Smile

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Trainor180 - 04-28-2020

(04-28-2020, 06:00 PM)JAMSGOLF Wrote: I wish for the life of me I could figure out who your favorite player is...  Wink  Smile
When I am done the room will be a shrine to the great man  Big Grin

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - StaafMan - 04-30-2020

[Image: 6HDS8zo.jpg]little foldable webcam arm upgrade for the corona season.
Online matches makes it more fun hahaha
Otherwise you just keep on pounding that triple 20 segment.

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Levonster - 04-30-2020

(04-17-2020, 06:11 AM)JAMSGOLF Wrote: So, finally got the new One80 Gladiator 3 setup a few minutes after 10:00 tonight. Threw some of my first steel tips in about 20 years. I was so tired, but had to throw some. Pretty much broke in the ones and fives tonight.  LOL.  I had two in the triple 20 and one just below the wire, thought it was a Max at first (should've taken a pic and posted in the furious misses thread).  LOL

Anyway, this is the new setup. I'll end up getting some overhead track lighting as I can already tell I'll need it.

[Image: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200417/f706cb895bb31e51d74690ccf9d35ce0.jpg]

That is a very nice space and a sweet set up, but the carpet looks like it may need protection from stray steel tip darts...

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - JAMSGOLF - 04-30-2020

(04-30-2020, 10:34 PM)Levonster Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 06:11 AM)JAMSGOLF Wrote: So, finally got the new One80 Gladiator 3 setup a few minutes after 10:00 tonight. Threw some of my first steel tips in about 20 years. I was so tired, but had to throw some. Pretty much broke in the ones and fives tonight.  LOL.  I had two in the triple 20 and one just below the wire, thought it was a Max at first (should've taken a pic and posted in the furious misses thread).  LOL

Anyway, this is the new setup. I'll end up getting some overhead track lighting as I can already tell I'll need it.

That is a very nice space and a sweet set up, but the carpet looks like it may need protection from stray steel tip darts...

That throw rug looks nicer than what it really is! LOL I bought it as a three rug set from Menard's priced at $19.99 (clearance)! I kept snapping stems on bounce-outs, so wanted to try something inexpensive to see if it would be the resolve for that issue. Thankfully it was. I haven't broken a stem since. The steel tips will on occasion drop point down and stick in, but no visible damage is being done. Smile

RE: Show Us Your Set Up (you play on) - Spokeless - 05-03-2020

Absorbing the variety, imagination, ingenuity and aesthetics of everyone’s setup is so educational - and inspiring!

One task, creating a functional but interesting shade for a light source, had been evading me .. until I finally got a floating 'card-fan' oriented exactly right - but don't breathe .. Smile
-
[Image: JteuCXxm.jpg]
Upgrading to include a flood/fill light source (details DIY lighting thread) means the shooter's view is now less film noir .. and more worn downWink 
-
[Image: lUbHopEl.jpg]

-Frank, in SF, CA

"May your aim remain true."