Darts Nutz Darts Forum
Which flights are you using and why? - Printable Version

+- Darts Nutz Darts Forum (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ALL ABOUT DARTS (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Darts Equipment Chat (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: Flights (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Thread: Which flights are you using and why? (/showthread.php?tid=34371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Borisbbadd - 04-24-2019

I use whatever flights I think look cool when I'm in a buying mood .... Smile

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Stefano Fi - 04-28-2019

i use exclusively Pentathlon hd150 standard shape

in the past i also use fantail but for me are more "difficult" than standards flights (specially in soft tip)

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Dave_79 - 12-21-2019

I use Standard size. That said, am I correct in thinking that in general Harrows 'standard' flights are actually smaller than other brands' standard flights? Its a bit confusing as they are shown at DC as 'standard' but are actually smaller than that?

Mostly have some Harrows Marathons on hand, but recently been using the Harrows Retina two tone ones. Always preferred darker flights but don't mind a flash of colour if its not too bright / shiny. Got some Target Vision 100 / Vision Ultra flights amongst my Xmas stuff as I've never tried them yet and liked the designs.

Every wacky design flight I've tried I've never liked. I even ordered some mini ones for a laugh. They were exactly that. Tiny and the darts landed at all manner of crazy angles. Really disliked Kites & Slims. Not a big fan of Pears. Imagine I'll always go for Standard type shapes, so will have to try No.6 & Ten-X sometime. I don't tend to over-analyse longevity of flights, I figure that (unless you go for an L-style long life type of course) they'll all get bashed and look dog-eared after a few hours play so I might as well just go for a design I like the look of. I didn't feel like the Retinas held their angles that well, so I'll find out soon how the Target standards are in that regard.

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Crusher17 - 12-21-2019

Yes Harrows are smaller, the same size as Target no.6 or what some call Shape size not Standard

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Dave_79 - 12-21-2019

(12-21-2019, 08:11 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks for clarifying this. So, I’ve actually inadvertently been using No.6 flights for some time! I guess the difference is quite small, but perhaps I’ll notice a tad more stability when I try actual proper Standards. Or maybe I’ll barely notice a thing!

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - esoxJD - 12-21-2019

Standard shape Ruthless clear panel, any colour. Currently using orange

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Great White North - 12-21-2019

Apparently for me it's L-Style in shape for the most part or the odd standard at times since I've bought about 24 sets in the last month or so from Germany to Japan and the UK. Big Grin

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Don Q - 12-22-2019

It's Harrows Retina X flights here, in standard shape. They are very durable, taking even severe hits and they are available in a wide range of colours, even transparent green and transparent white/grey.

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Blanton - 12-22-2019

10X on my soft, Harrows Retina on steel. I like the Velos, but the extra length keeps catching my face

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Phil D - 12-23-2019

I tend to go for whatever catches my eye in a looks vs price kind of way, in mostly standard shapes, being a bit ocd I also tend to have a bit of a stock of flights at home to choose from. Including cheap and cheerful ones and tough ones.

I have a small amount of kites and even less in pear shape, which, I tend to use on lower weight darts, only (mostly below 21 or 22 grams).

Either harrows marathon or ruthless flights seem to be the toughest flights I use regularly.

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Dave_79 - 12-24-2019

Well, I just looked at the new Target Vision 100 & Vision Ultra flights I got. They are advertised on DC as Standard but actually say No.6 on the back of the packet, and are definitely No.6 size as I placed a Harrows Marathon over it and they were identical in size. I won’t lose any sleep over it, but it’s a little frustrating that products are wrongly described, as I was fully expecting Standards here.

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - elevendarter - 12-24-2019

(12-24-2019, 01:56 AM)Dave_79 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I think they always called both No2 and No6 as standards. Cosmodarts call the small ones Shape. A few producers have started adding the tags of No2 or No6 to the description of flights. Like Robson etc. Harrows always make only No6 size (plus a few exceptions), the same for Shot, I guess. Unicorn have their own design with sharper edges plus they have the Big Wings, which is kind of an equivalent of No2, Target make both No2 and No6 and sometimes they even add the description of what it is, however I can always tell just by the look of the picture what shape it is.
Sometimes it may be confusing that some flights are somewhere in between, or to be more specific, they're a little smaller No2. The Designa flights, for example.

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - thet - 12-27-2019

Cosmo fits and whatever is on sale!

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Johnbo - 01-17-2020

Im using Harrows dimplex flights, tried various other shapes and material but always go back to them.

I did try the Condor all in one flights a few weeks ago, really liked them but at £5-£6 a pop...

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - weswrestle10 - 01-17-2020

Using Target No6 size. Typically use the black with the black logo on them, but have other colours/designs too.