Darts Nutz Darts Forum
Which flights are you using and why? - Printable Version

+- Darts Nutz Darts Forum (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ALL ABOUT DARTS (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Darts Equipment Chat (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+---- Forum: Flights (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+---- Thread: Which flights are you using and why? (/showthread.php?tid=34371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Which flights are you using and why? - a88pec - 09-13-2018

I'm sure there are some posts on here about this. 

however....

I'd love to know what flights (shape, size, brand etc) people are using and why they like them.  I've recently been experimenting with a lot of different types, and I'm curious about what others prefer. 

I am currently really liking the Max Air and Pear shapes  

Thanks Ladies and Gentlemen,

Cheers!

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - 25g-grizzly - 09-13-2018

Found I play better with dark flights, as I absolutely cannot throw with white flights. For the last few seasons I've seem too of stuck with the black target with silver logo vison no.2 standard flights.
They hold up well and are just a nice simple design.

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Mindyereyes - 09-13-2018

Been using plain black Designa DSX standard flights (100 micron) for the last couple of years or so.

Absolutely brilliant flights, tough as old boots but not too thick or heavy (as some other types of flights feel)   Smile 

[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - dervish - 09-13-2018

Standard shape and size Harrows Dimplex in plain white, I find they last much longer than other flights I've tried, and I like the white because it stands out, I don't find it distracting.

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - a88pec - 09-13-2018

(09-13-2018, 06:45 PM)25g-grizzly Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I'm with you on the dark color..I threw HD150 Slim Pentathlons in white for years.  I switched to black flights and it looked really good to my eye when aiming.  I throw from my dominant eye line (right eye)...and I really liked the switch. 

I just bought a few no.2 shape, target RVB's I think.  I haven't tried them yet, I def will shortly.

thx!

(09-13-2018, 07:09 PM)dervish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I always liked the durability of dimplex flights, and how they always stayed in the shaft... but I moved away from them, as I felt my darts flew better with a smooth flight. Could have been just a coincidence, and I was just throwing better.  I have a few slim and standard's leftover (in white too!), maybe I'll revisit them.  thx!

(09-13-2018, 07:01 PM)Mindyereyes Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
having trouble finding them over here in the states.  I'll keep an eye out though...THX

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - nixer55 - 09-14-2018

Moved to flights chat area...

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Great White North - 09-14-2018

(09-13-2018, 08:13 PM)a88pec Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Darts Corner has them Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile , cheap as chips too.

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Ryk - 09-14-2018

Depends on the dart -
I use some Vapor S "low fat kites" for my little 10g Brass Harrows Hurricanes.

Proper Full Fat Kites for light darts about 15-20 grams.
That angled leading edge makes flight vs flight contacts less of an issue with a lighter dart, as compared to a clunky old standard shape

Pears always look good on bomb/bullet darts... but on heavier darts 23g-24g I have tried standards... and they work fine but the flight vs flight impacts tend to get my head thinking the grouping would have been closer with a better flight... and the last thing I need to be doing is any of that thinking malarkey when I am chucking darts.

I've some darts which show no respect to a flight and will chew them up and spit out the shards - For these darts I have two routes...
Get cannon fodder cheap flights that will just have a slow motion Infinity Gauntlet style death as they gradually turn into flecks of dust.
Or try to soften those front vertical edges (Paint/Rubber rings/Wax Crayon!) and hope the dart doesn't turn into Joe Pesci and snarl at the flights. Again.

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - mc1958 - 09-14-2018

I use standard shape made by Red Dragon on their flight designer - usually black with a white logo per the below, but sometimes the same design in white with black logo

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

I've also got some pears with the same logo on if I fancy a change, but generally I stick with the standard shape

Which flights are you using and why? - LethalEagle - 09-14-2018

I use Harrows Marathon or Prime flights. I feel they both have similar durability and no matter the design or set up, it works. I have them in Standard, Teardrop, Slim and Kite, depending on the dart I use.

Right now its the Target Rob Cross soft tip, short Harrows Supergrip stem and standard Marathon flights.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

RE: Which flights are you using and why? - Brian Cook - 09-14-2018

Tweenie stem black Amazon glihhts

Which flights are you using and why? - justin-tutboard - 09-14-2018

Need I say lol[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Which flights are you using and why? - Spencerdl - 09-14-2018

I use L-style small standard L3c and Target Daytona 100 micron. They work for me and the L-style Flights last a long time. I actually like all black flights better, lighter color flights tend to distract my line of fire (no pun intended )
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk