Darts Nutz Darts Forum
BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Printable Version

+- Darts Nutz Darts Forum (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ALL ABOUT DARTS (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: BDO darts News (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=31426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Little al - 05-31-2018

Watched the programe last night on free sports What a shame that it was such a shambles of presentation Score block not fully visible (when on ) crappy sound interviews in the middle of the next game & unable to hear the players comments crowd that would have been more at home at a funeral What a shame the BDO doesn't seem to halt it's downward spiral It requires the organizers/committee to bring in a clean slate policy the village carnival organizers would possibly do a better job So sad to see it so third rate the games were good the rest let it down.

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - bullseye66 - 05-31-2018

The whole thing was woeful. Terrible production, graphics, presentation......10 people in the crowd......no wonder the BDO is dying out. Shambolic.

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - apples73 - 05-31-2018

Always like watching the BDO, seeing players that only get to see maybe once or twice a year and there was some decent legs of darts being thrown too. However as everyone has been saying, the BDO organisation of the event is such a mess, from having it on the same time as a PDC TV event, poor camera work/spotting, the TV scoreboard being wrong and very low audience turn out! Wonder if they contacted local darts teams and working mens clubs in the surrounding areas to offer them discounted tables to fill the venue to get more of an atmosphere! probably not...

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - mc1958 - 05-31-2018

(05-31-2018, 12:22 PM)apples73 Wrote: Always like watching the BDO, seeing players that only get to see maybe once or twice a year and there was some decent legs of darts being thrown too. However as everyone has been saying, the BDO organisation of the event is such a mess, from having it on the same time as a PDC TV event, poor camera work/spotting, the TV scoreboard being wrong and very low audience turn out! Wonder if they contacted local darts teams and working mens clubs in the surrounding areas to offer them discounted tables to fill the venue to get more of an atmosphere! probably not...

Going by some comments on facebook no they didn't go round the local teams and clubs offering discounted tickets - darts fans who only lived a couple of minutes away from the venue didn't even know it was on.  One of the venues promoters made a post on his facebook offering free tickets as well but that got taken down after a couple of people started moaning as they had paid for tickets, so weren't impressed by them now being given away free.

As far as the production is concerned, the company that is doing it should really know what they are doing now when it comes to darts, but they have learned zero in the last 4 years or whatever it is that they have been covering BDO and EDO events.  I think they only get hired because they are cheap.  Excluding Lakeside, the one event which was shown on Dave (the World Trophy in 2016) I think they used a Dutch team for the production and it looked top notch - even though they are far more professional I'm guessing they haven't been used since though as they charge a lot more than 24/7 do.

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - apples73 - 05-31-2018

(05-31-2018, 12:43 PM)mc1958 Wrote:
(05-31-2018, 12:22 PM)apples73 Wrote: Always like watching the BDO, seeing players that only get to see maybe once or twice a year and there was some decent legs of darts being thrown too. However as everyone has been saying, the BDO organisation of the event is such a mess, from having it on the same time as a PDC TV event, poor camera work/spotting, the TV scoreboard being wrong and very low audience turn out! Wonder if they contacted local darts teams and working mens clubs in the surrounding areas to offer them discounted tables to fill the venue to get more of an atmosphere! probably not...

Going by some comments on facebook no they didn't go round the local teams and clubs offering discounted tickets - darts fans who only lived a couple of minutes away from the venue didn't even know it was on.  One of the venues promoters made a post on his facebook offering free tickets as well but that got taken down after a couple of people started moaning as they had paid for tickets, so weren't impressed by them now being given away free.

and it would so easy for someone at the BDO to do as well...

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Crusher17 - 05-31-2018

I enjoyed it i like watching all kinds of darts so i can see different players, production wasn't the best, no crowd was disappointing, callers mic was a bit loud for the amount of people there, if it wasn't promoted thats bad as there was some good darts

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Great White North - 05-31-2018

Just watching a replay of Thursday's action and as Crusher said there was some good matches indeed.

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - justin-tutboard - 05-31-2018

wheres' the sound?

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Great White North - 05-31-2018

Young Borland lad looked really good beating Whitehead.

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - mc1958 - 06-01-2018

Scores from Wednesday and last night - not sure why they used 1 dart averages for the McGeeney and Winstanley games and 3 dart averages for the others, but hey ho

[Image: s2aBadX.jpg]

Tonights order of play:

[Image: ev7d8kJ.jpg]

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - joeriw96 - 06-01-2018

Pretty high standard so far. Didn't catch much of the games but the few bits I saw were quite entertaining.

BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Kts365 - 06-01-2018

Is the average on that McGeeney game right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - NiteEyez - 06-01-2018

Honestly the Bdo gets a tonne of aggro for standard, however not many players in the Pdc outside the top 10 are averaging 100+ a week.

Recently:
Anderson won the UK open with a 95
Hopp won the German open with a 95
Clayton won the Austrian open with a 96

With the exception of MVG no one is blasting 110 Ave a match

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - mc1958 - 06-01-2018

(06-01-2018, 02:12 PM)Kts365 Wrote: Is the average on that McGeeney game right?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Did you read the part I typed just above the picture - the McGeeney average is for just 1 dart not 3, and they did the same with the Winstanley/Jacklin game.  Not sure why those two games were scored differently but it's also like that on the darts for windows page.

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Great White North - 06-01-2018

Interesting barrel this Thompson chap is throwing, no clue on what they are. Huh

Screenshot of the Thompson barrels.