Darts Nutz Darts Forum
BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Printable Version

+- Darts Nutz Darts Forum (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ALL ABOUT DARTS (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: BDO darts News (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 (/showthread.php?tid=31426)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Simon G - 02-15-2018

http://bdodarts.com/wdt18.php

Confirmed as taking place between 30th May and 3rd June at Preston Guildhall.  Rumours of a 3 year deal in place for this as well.

Hopefully, proper TV and sponsorship will be sorted and it's not the embarrassment that was the cinema in Barry last year.

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Mack - 02-24-2018

The problem last year wasn't the venue, it is that the BDO are not run by professional people and they don't understand the lack of value their product has. Why would you waste your money buying BDO when the PDC are out their. Even BT Sport has shown virtually no interest outside of Lakeside. This event starts in 3 months, yet what has been sorted, serious events have tickets on sale further ahead than this, and advertise it. Being better than last year is not success, this event has been a disaster from day 1.

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - mc1958 - 04-29-2018

Draw was done today:

MENS
Glen Durrant v Q3
Jeffrey Sparidaans v Tony O'Shea
Willem Mandigers v Richie Edwards
Martin Phillips v Darius Labanaukas
Scott Waites v Scott Baker
Andy Baetens v Justin Thompson
Jim Williams v Derk Telnekes
Conan Whitehead v Q1
Mark McGeeney v Chris Landman
Dean Reynolds v Michael Unterbuchner
Wesley Harms v Wayne Warren
James Hurrell v Peter Machin
Ross Montgomery v Daniel Day
Gary Robson v Q2
Scott Mitchell v Asia Q
Kyle McKinstry v Q4

LADIES
Lorraine Winstanley v Paula Jacklin
Trina Gulliver v Anca Zijistra
Lisa Ashton v Corrine Hammond
Anastasia Dobromyslova v Q1
Aileen De Graaf v Maria O'Brien
Fallon Sherrock v Rhian Griffiths
Deta Hedman v Q2
Sharon Prins v Tricia Wright

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Noj - 04-29-2018

(02-24-2018, 03:10 PM)Mack Wrote: The problem last year wasn't the venue, it is that the BDO are not run by professional people and they don't understand the lack of value their product has.  Why would you waste your money buying BDO when the PDC are out their.  Even BT Sport has shown virtually no interest outside of Lakeside.  This event starts in 3 months, yet what has been sorted, serious events have tickets on sale further ahead than this, and advertise it.  Being better than last year is not success, this event has been a disaster from day 1.

It is sad the way the BDO has been run into the ground. Why Durrant has stayed is beyond me but good luck to him, he seems a lovely bloke

Noj

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - gumbo2176 - 04-29-2018

I don't know about others, but I don't recognize as many names on the men's side as I do on the women's side of this tournament. But, being from the States and having no real coverage of the BDO other than the iffy streams that are often posted, I really don't follow the BDO.

I know the few times I've seen some BDO coverage, I do appreciate how the audience is there to actually watch the darts as opposed to the carnival atmosphere that is the PDC.

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - bullseye66 - 05-09-2018

Doubt this will entice any broadcaster to take it on. Not enough big names or quality in the field.

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - hamo - 05-09-2018

There is an audience there, albeit not a massive one...this is where the improvement needs to come though...they need to be realistic, have shorter more dart fillled shows(rather than 12 hour sessions on dave) and maybe look at doing most in higlight fashion (similar to late night bbc coverage) rather than showing every dart and gaps in between. Means they could also higlight the good and not put everyone through the bad...surely it makes more sense when trying to find another channel to host comps..its been this way for so long now though, i cant see it changing

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - The G - 05-10-2018

(04-29-2018, 08:22 PM)Noj Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 03:10 PM)Mack Wrote: The problem last year wasn't the venue, it is that the BDO are not run by professional people and they don't understand the lack of value their product has.  Why would you waste your money buying BDO when the PDC are out their.  Even BT Sport has shown virtually no interest outside of Lakeside.  This event starts in 3 months, yet what has been sorted, serious events have tickets on sale further ahead than this, and advertise it.  Being better than last year is not success, this event has been a disaster from day 1.

It is sad the way the BDO has been run into the ground. Why Durrant has stayed is beyond me but good luck to him, he seems a lovely bloke

Noj
With all due respect,perhaps there is something to be said about being a big fish in a small pond .

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - Tlowe - 05-10-2018

I can’t comment on most people’s thoughts about the BDO being poorly managed, don’t know enough about them or their history. I will say that I really do enjoy watching the games though from the Juniors through to the Ladies and Men’s. The camera work can be a little shonky and the gaps between games a bit annoying but to have a legitimate free YouTube feed is fantastic in my opinion so I hope they keep that up for those of us overseas. Looking forward to the 30th.

RE: BDO World Darts Trophy 2018 - mc1958 - 05-10-2018

WDT Broadcaster and Schedule Announcement

The British Darts Organisation are pleased to announce that this year’s BDO World Darts Trophy will be aired by broadcasters FreeSports.

FreeSports is a new and innovative channel set on providing free-to-air sports coverage for viewers across the UK. It is accessible via most major providers, including Sky, Freeview, Freesat and TalkTalkTV and our collaboration will see the BDO World Darts Trophy available to over 18 million homes across the UK.  

For our international viewers, we will also be streaming all events live via the BDO YouTube Channel – www.youtube.com/bdodarts 

Commencing on Wednesday 30th May, the five-day event, taking place at Preston Guildhall will be broadcasted in its entirety. The first three sessions will run on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evening, from 7pm – 11pm, with the final two days being split over two sessions, to run from 12 noon – 4pm and 7pm – 11pm, ensuring none of the world-class action will be missed!

Tickets for the event are available from Preston Guildhall Box Office - https://prestonguildhall.co.uk/shows/bdo-world-trophy-darts/ or phone on 01772 804444 and via online ticket outlet Skiddle – www.skiddle.com