Darts Nutz Darts Forum
Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section? - Printable Version

+- Darts Nutz Darts Forum (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: NEW MEMBERS AREA AND FORUM STUFF (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Forum Guides (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section? (/showthread.php?tid=28420)

Pages: 1 2 3

Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section? - ChrisBrown81 - 08-01-2017

Hi all,

Newbie question  Undecided Do you have to have been a member a while or have done a certain amount of posts to be able to post on the buy/sell page? 

I had a question and a few sets to part with but couldn't post   Sad

Thanks in advance!

RE: Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section? - Crusher17 - 08-01-2017

You need 50 posts

RE: Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section? - ChrisBrown81 - 08-01-2017

thank you Crusher17!

RE: Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section? - Drano - 06-18-2018

Hello, a bit of a thread resurrection, but I found it while looking for an answer to a question I have.

First, I'd like to say that I'm not trying to be difficult or inconsiderate to the forum so I hope this post doesn't come across as such.

I am curious, though, for the 50 post rule before allowing posts in the buy/sell/trade sub-forum. As a newbie to the forum I tend to follow the "post-less, read-more" philosophy to learn my way around and get to know the place. Therefore, it might take me a while to hit 50 posts and I'd rather not just post randomly to reach a magic number for whatever reason..

That said, I saw a set of darts I'd like to buy but can't reply to the sales thread, due to the rule. I sent a PM to the seller, but fear that perhaps might violate a rule/etiquette as well?

RE: Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section? - nixer55 - 06-18-2018

(06-18-2018, 12:37 AM)Drano Wrote: Hello, a bit of a thread resurrection, but I found it while looking for an answer to a question I have.

First, I'd like to say that I'm not trying to be difficult or inconsiderate to the forum so I hope this post doesn't come across as such.

I am curious, though, for the 50 post rule before allowing posts in the buy/sell/trade sub-forum.  As a newbie to the forum I tend to follow the "post-less, read-more" philosophy to learn my way around and get to know the place.  Therefore, it might take me a while to hit 50 posts and I'd rather not just post randomly to reach a magic number for whatever reason..

That said, I saw a set of darts I'd like to buy but can't reply to the sales thread, due to the rule.  I sent a PM to the seller, but fear that perhaps might violate a rule/etiquette as well?

Firstly Drano, thank you for your honesty, that goes a long way.  The trading rules and restrictions are in place for good reason as you will come to discover.  By using the PM system to get around them, you're asking the seller to step outside of the forum to do a transaction.  Otherwise the deal would certainly be quashed.  This is a clear violation of the rules.  If the seller chooses to ignore the rules as well, you both risk disciplinary action, up to and including banning.

It would be best if you sent a further PM to the seller quoting this post, so the seller is in no doubt as to the status of this transaction.  I know this is vexing, but if you dig into the forum history, you'll see the trading rules have a reason.  Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

RE: Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section? - Drano - 06-18-2018

(06-18-2018, 01:19 AM)nixer55 Wrote:
(06-18-2018, 12:37 AM)Drano Wrote: Hello, a bit of a thread resurrection, but I found it while looking for an answer to a question I have.

I am curious, though, for the 50 post rule before allowing posts in the buy/sell/trade sub-forum.  As a newbie to the forum I tend to follow the "post-less, read-more" philosophy to learn my way around and get to know the place.  Therefore, it might take me a while to hit 50 posts and I'd rather not just post randomly to reach a magic number for whatever reason..

That said, I saw a set of darts I'd like to buy but can't reply to the sales thread, due to the rule.  I sent a PM to the seller, but fear that perhaps might violate a rule/etiquette as well?

Firstly Drano, thank you for your honesty, that goes a long way.  The trading rules and restrictions are in place for good reason as you will come to discover.  By using the PM system to get around them, you're asking the seller to step outside of the forum to do a transaction.  Otherwise the deal would certainly be quashed.  This is a clear violation of the rules.  If the seller chooses to ignore the rules as well, you both risk disciplinary action, up to and including banning.

It would be best if you sent a further PM to the seller quoting this post, so the seller is in no doubt as to the status of this transaction.  I know this is vexing, but if you dig into the forum history, you'll see the trading rules have a reason.  Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't/haven't as yet seen a rule precluding the PMs but suspected as much (although it didn't cross my mind until after I had sent it as PMs for transactions are ok on other forums I frequent) so I figured I would ask.

I will follow up with the sender as suggested.  In the meantime, I guess I am now a couple of posts closer to 50...

Cheers,
Shane

Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section? - SlingBlade - 06-18-2018

I’m sure the 50 post rule is there to protect us all from buyers and sellers we can all trust. It gives us all time to get to know a person.
I actually think it ought to be higher to avoid people just trying to rip us off. By making more posts we get to know the person and what they are like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent a follow-on PM to the seller w/ a link to this thread along with my apologies, I certainly don't intend to skirt the rules. I guess I just got excited when I saw a dart set that I've had my eyes on and saw it as a nice opportunity.

A suggestion though? Perhaps, if possible, not even allow access to the buy/sell subforum until 50 posts are reached?

Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section? - joeriw96 - 06-18-2018

I thought people without 50 posts are still allowed to PM sellers if they want to buy a set? On the sellers own risk of course. Believe it's stated somewhere in the forum rules.

I have sold a few sets to members who weren't allowed to post in the BSS thread yet and never had any problems with them PM'ing me.

RE: Do you have to have been a member a while to post on the buy/sell section? - Sidewinder - 06-18-2018

My thoughts are the same as Joeriw96. I have also done this and had no issues. Understand this is a higher risk as doing it outside of the Forum guidelines but realistically that should be the sellers choice for me..