Darts Nutz Darts Forum
What Darts You Use Right Now ? - Printable Version

+- Darts Nutz Darts Forum (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: ALL ABOUT DARTS (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Show Us Your: Darts Set Up, Grip, Special Shots etc (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+--- Thread: What Darts You Use Right Now ? (/showthread.php?tid=17212)

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - John Lowe - 08-26-2018

[attachment=18357]After playing professionally for over 40 years (I think that makes me the longest serving professional in the World) and using the same design barrel and ringed grooves, I finally made a change, I asked Unicorn to engineer the grip in this photograph, I then tested the dart for 5 months with interesting observations, the lighter 21G dart felt and threw like a much heavier dart, the reason became obvious, the grip ! if held with thumb and forefinger, the dart stays firm within your hand, when released your finger and thumb push the dart forward faster, hence the dart reaches its target area quicker, and that can only mean straighter, the longitudinal Grooves keep the dart spiraling, like a bullet coming out of a gun, again helping to keep the dart on line to its target, has it been a success ? well the 23G model sold out in just a few weeks, the next delivery will be mid October, if ordered from myself, I will sign every set, and at £65 UK £70 International inc P&P, I am offering what I consider to be a good reasonable price.

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - Spencerdl - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 01:04 PM)John Lowe Wrote: After playing professionally for over 40 years (I think that makes me the longest serving professional in the World) and using the same design barrel and ringed grooves, I finally made a change, I asked Unicorn to engineer the grip in this photograph, I then tested the dart for 5 months with interesting observations, the lighter 21G dart felt and threw like a much heavier dart, the reason became obvious, the grip ! if held with thumb and forefinger, the dart stays firm within your hand, when released your finger and thumb push the dart forward faster, hence the dart reaches its target area quicker, and that can only mean straighter, the longitudinal Grooves keep the dart spiraling, like a bullet coming out of a gun, again helping to keep the dart on line to its target, has it been a success ? well the 23G model sold out in just a few weeks, the next delivery will be mid October, if ordered from myself, I will sign every set, and at £65 UK £70 International inc P&P, I am offering what I consider to be a good reasonable price.

Welcome to Darts Nutz John. Nice Dart set. Some of us still don't know who you are (LOL). Would you mind introducing yourself in the new comers introduce yourself thread Thanks  Smile

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - Getagrip - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 01:04 PM)John Lowe Wrote: After playing professionally for over 40 years (I think that makes me the longest serving professional in the World) and using the same design barrel and ringed grooves, I finally made a change, I asked Unicorn to engineer the grip in this photograph, I then tested the dart for 5 months with interesting observations, the lighter 21G dart felt and threw like a much heavier dart, the reason became obvious, the grip ! if held with thumb and forefinger, the dart stays firm within your hand, when released your finger and thumb push the dart forward faster, hence the dart reaches its target area quicker, and that can only mean straighter, the longitudinal Grooves keep the dart spiraling, like a bullet coming out of a gun, again helping to keep the dart on line to its target, has it been a success ? well the 23G model sold out in just a few weeks, the next delivery will be mid October, if ordered from myself, I will sign every set, and at £65 UK £70 International inc P&P, I am offering what I consider to be a good reasonable price.

Over 40 years as a pro, where has time gone!

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - LethalEagle - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 01:04 PM)John Lowe Wrote: After playing professionally for over 40 years (I think that makes me the longest serving professional in the World) and using the same design barrel and ringed grooves, I finally made a change, I asked Unicorn to engineer the grip in this photograph, I then tested the dart for 5 months with interesting observations, the lighter 21G dart felt and threw like a much heavier dart, the reason became obvious, the grip ! if held with thumb and forefinger, the dart stays firm within your hand, when released your finger and thumb push the dart forward faster, hence the dart reaches its target area quicker, and that can only mean straighter, the longitudinal Grooves keep the dart spiraling, like a bullet coming out of a gun, again helping to keep the dart on line to its target, has it been a success ? well the 23G model sold out in just a few weeks, the next delivery will be mid October, if ordered from myself, I will sign every set, and at £65 UK £70 International inc P&P, I am offering what I consider to be a good reasonable price.
Oh my goodness what an honour! Amazing to see you here.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - Cat - 08-26-2018

Welcome Mr. Lowe -you rock! Honor to have you go Nutz!

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - ChrisTheFish - 08-26-2018

It is truly an priveledge to welcome a multiple World Champion to the forum.
Good luck with your latest Darts and may you long continue to entertain your many, many fans worldwide.

What Darts You Use Right Now ? - joeriw96 - 08-26-2018

Welcome Mr. Lowe, if you ever need advice to win a fourth world title... this is the place to be Wink

What Darts You Use Right Now ? - *Saber* - 08-26-2018

(08-26-2018, 08:12 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: It is truly an priveledge to welcome a multiple World Champion to the forum.
Good luck with your latest Darts and may you long continue to entertain your many, many fans worldwide.

I’m star struck - what an honor to have you as a member Sir- I go off on a holiday and this happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - elevendarter - 08-26-2018

Welcome to the Nutz, Mr. Lowe.

Less than 5 minutes ago I've just ordered a set of your original golden darts to a mate (who can't order in english shops himself) who wanted a steel tip set after he hed been playing 20 years with "your" soft tips. Well, I suggested him that he should go with the original grip as he was used to it and to be honest, I like it more :-) Everytime I see someone using a set of "Lowes" I always count how many rings is there since I know from your book that 7 is the proper number :-)

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - Rod Dogg - 08-26-2018

bulls king 21g with 30mm storms
[Image: bnDlarL.jpg]

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - ChrisTheFish - 08-26-2018

No shortage of bling with your Kings then Rodd Dog.

What Darts You Use Right Now ? - Spencerdl - 08-28-2018

OK did a little more tweeking on my JP01's and decided to go with L3c small standard vs my original L1c standard L-style Flights. My overall grouping is better.
[Image: 00c33eb447ba11df56b448c09c2b8df5.jpg]
[Image: f01d67c69f3a5f4dd06c328325cdcbee.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - Rod Dogg - 08-29-2018

(08-26-2018, 11:52 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: No shortage of bling with your Kings then Rodd Dog.

you know that, had them for over a year before i have really taken a liking to them

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - Humdinger - 09-01-2018

Currently throwing well with these Unicorn Colin Osborne, 21g.

[Image: BOvMItK.jpg]

RE: What Darts You Use Right Now ? - Fizban - 09-01-2018

(09-01-2018, 05:37 AM)Humdinger Wrote: Currently throwing well with these Unicorn Colin Osborne, 21g.

[Image: https://i.imgur.com/BOvMItK.jpg]
Moved to these...22g Power 9five gen 3 with Gold Diamond points,with great results.[Image: 7e674527bb0aa8236dfd34a16f465d26.jpg][Image: bb7fd59b42c5b962ee25a52e24ba069b.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk