Darts Nutz Darts Forum
For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... - Printable Version

+- Darts Nutz Darts Forum (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum)
+-- Forum: NEW MEMBERS AREA AND FORUM STUFF (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself Here (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Archived Intros (https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=169)
+---- Thread: For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... (/showthread.php?tid=10581)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... - Regulatori - 01-08-2015

Mods can sticky this thread if they want. Smile

We're a friendly bunch and love to welcome new people. I'm a newbie myself and got a very warm welcome that ended up with a couple of pages of responses.

I personally find it easier to respond to new people when they share some details about themselves/darting life. It generates conversation and follow-up questions from members.

Some examples of stuff you could talk about..

-How you got into darts.

-Soft tip or steel tip player

-Any good memories with darts...like a crazy 167 check-out, hitting a 5 count on bulls to win a Cricket match, etc..

-What types of darts do you use. Do you collect old darts? Any new darts you have your eye on.

-Favorite pro player if you watch it on TV/youtube

-If you own a set of darts and unsure of the brand/model, post a picture. I personally like tinypic for uploading photos. We have some real dart historians here.

Edit:-Nixer55 - Tinypic is not such a good choice any more because it doesn't support 'https' (SSL).  But 'imgur' does  Smile

-How long you've been playing.

-Any friends that post here/brought you here.

-If you play in leagues, tournaments, etc..

-Any issues in your game or something you want to work on. We can steer you to the right forum.

-Possible darts you may be interested in. Since you have to wait 50 posts before posting in the buy/sell section, you can always list a set you're looking for and it's up the members here if they feel secure in entering a transaction with you...you may just get a personal message! (after 5 post I believe).

I'm not saying you have to hit every point...but just tell a bit more about yourself. It leads to more follow up questions and allows us to get to know you better. The knowledge in this forum is incredible and the members are friendly...take advantage of it and if possible, add to it!

Just throwing a few topics out there. If you just want to say your name and that's it, that's fine too! Wink

RE: For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... - slot - 01-08-2015

Thanks

RE: For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... - Getagrip - 01-08-2015

Good point Jeff Smile

RE: For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... - dreherjon - 01-29-2015

Hello and yes I'm a newby. I've been tossing darts for a little over 20 years and still enjoying it very much. Arthritis is what I blame my declining performances on, but lack of practice prolly has a bit to do with it. High out is 160 nearly 15 years ago, Best 501 was 11 darts- 123- 140- 138- 100 out. Favorite players to watch are Roger C. and Steve B.. Both were playing doubles cricket against one another where in the third and deciding match, after corking dbl bull after dbl bull got on one knee. Steve hit dbl, Roger, sngl. During that game 1st round of singles were called and 1st match up was Steve vs Roger, where I headed immediately. Steve, after winning the cork, opened with trip 20, trip 20, dbl bull. Roger followed with trip 19 x 3.. game on. The last throw of that game, by Steve, with no 19's nor 18's and with a small point advantage, were dbl bull, of course, trip 19 trip 18. Would have stayed for more, but was about to be disqualified for my 1st match.
OK. So that's who I am.
I'm on this site because I saw some reviews of a online darts company from whom I have ordered some darts. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I have ordered them and no delivery. Have sent 4 emails with one response, however, it was duplicated. How long do I wait before I should get frustrated? I feel that I have been pretty patient.

RE: For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... - Getagrip - 01-29-2015

Hi mate and welcome aboard, thanks for the intro!

You ordered from Puredarts? they had a big problem with their email server which was backlogged by nearly 30,000 emails I think, should have sorted it by now I would imagine.

RE: For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... - Banned - 01-29-2015

(01-08-2015, 12:19 PM)Regulatori Wrote: -Any good memories with darts...like a crazy 167 check-out, hitting a 7 count on bulls to win a Cricket match, etc..

I've got to hear about this story Big Grin

RE: For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... - Regulatori - 01-30-2015

lol...mean 5 count. Smile

RE: For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... - WenGem - 02-10-2015

Hello all,

Just going through a pile of stuff I have saved when I ran upon some darts from who knows where. Probably in my mom's stuff. So recently a couple of friends of mine bought dart boards and are getting a little competitive in the shop building. My understanding is what I have is not currently desirable because throwers want tungsten. So I want to post the pile in one image and get some feedback. If they are worth giving as a gift that is what I need to know.

Should I replace, and/or where is best place, to find tips, shafts, and flights to match these barrels???

Or are these just too old to worry about or clutter a life with/

RE: For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... - guest2 - 02-11-2015

I like Jeff's suggestion. Brilliant. Really makes sense.

Thanks Reguiatori. I hope you get banned in the other forum so that we can have all of your time and thoughts here.

RE: For new people, give this a read before doing an intro... - Getagrip - 02-11-2015

(02-10-2015, 11:19 PM)WenGem Wrote: Hello all,

Just going through a pile of stuff I have saved when I ran upon some darts from who knows where. Probably in my mom's stuff. So recently a couple of friends of mine bought dart boards and are getting a little competitive in the shop building. My understanding is what I have is not currently desirable because throwers want tungsten. So I want to post the pile in one image and get some feedback. If they are worth giving as a gift that is what I need to know.

Should I replace, and/or where is best place, to find tips, shafts, and flights to match these barrels???

Or are these just too old to worry about or clutter a life with/

Welcome aboard mate, yeah post a pic and we can have a looksy Smile