Harrows Darts.

What can I do
I wanted to ask what can you realistically change if you throw in fast tempo . In my previous topic one nice Nut give me great advice about pointing my dart up. But I have no idea how to incorporate in throw. I really cant slow down .So is there any ideas ?
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've gone through the same issue you are having with the fish tailing darts. I beat myself up over this for a long time trying to "fix" my throw. Ultimately what i ended up doing is change my darts and setup. going with shorter, forward weighted darts hasn't corrected my flaw, but it has straightened out my darts. basically, anything 48 mm and down work ok for me, especially if a front load. longer stems and standard flights helped, too. My current set up is a 22g glazier ton machine (about 45.5) with tweenie or mediums stems and standard flights. i certainly understand you wanting to change your throw, i've been there. unfortunately, i couldn't get comfortable with anything else and thought i was better off just letting my old throw take over again. i know this didn't address your question at all, but everything in this post and your last is exactly what i've been dealing with for the past 6 months so i had to chime in.
One thing I've noticed about successful pros that throw fast is they still have a consistent stroke with a specific points they're hitting on pull back/throw forward.

If you watch Lewis throw, he makes tiny little pauses as he's pulling back the dart....even though players like Lewis and MVG throw fast/wild-like, their actions are still very calculated and deliberate.

I sometimes watch fast throwers in the amateur ranks and often there will be a change in the 2nd or 3rd shot....like they become too fast and start forgetting fundamentals. It can be something as simple as a short pull back (like if you normally hit your lip with your flight...the 2nd or 3rd dart pull back will only be pulled back halfway), or they lift their leg on the third dart as to force it, or they don't find their correct grip on the 2nd/3rd dart and just force the fast throw anyway to stay in a rhythm.

With throwing fast you just have to make sure you're remaining consistent in all 3 throws...that means the same throwing technique, not moving your body, making sure you have the correct grip before releasing, etc..

I used to throw faster and would focus on throwing at different areas of the board with my 3 shots...just standard combinations you will likely face (Examples...one dart at D20, then one at D10, then one at D5.....or D16, D8, D4...or D12, D6, D3....or T20, T19, T18, etc..)

It's much easier to have a consistent throw when you're a rhythm thrower putting all darts on the same target....it's much more difficult to keep a consistent throwing action when moving around the board.
(01-16-2015, 10:49 PM)Troll Wrote: I wanted to ask what can you realistically change if you throw in fast tempo . In my previous topic one nice Nut give me great advice about pointing my dart up. But I have no idea how to incorporate in throw. I really cant slow down .So is there any ideas ?

I am not sure what you want to change. I have not developed a rhythm throw. I personally do better when I give each dart a moment of consideration. I think Regulatori has better advice than I could give in that regard.

About the incorporating the pointing in your throw. I can only tell you how I do it. It involves a small attitude adjustment to my grip. I grip with my index finger and thumb. The barrel rests in the nail of my middle finger. I use the same grip, I just lift my middle finger a little to point the tip higher. Think of turning a crank to raise a canon barrel. My goal is to have the dart pointing directly on the path it needs to take. There should be no looping in the air.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

(01-16-2015, 10:49 PM)Troll Wrote: I wanted to ask what can you realistically change if you throw in fast tempo . In my previous topic one nice Nut give me great advice about pointing my dart up. But I have no idea how to incorporate in throw. I really cant slow down .So is there any ideas ?
Throwing in fast tempo at different targets is a kind of, Zen Darts. You see the target, throw the dart and it goes there by taking your thinking mind out of it and letting your body do what it has been trained to do. In this mode, you need a dart that matches your throw and importantly, a grip that you find instantly as you take each dart in hand, as Reguatori touched on.
I recently started throwing in a pretty fast rhythm and am trying some minor equipment changes to tweek my throw, going to Cosmo Air flights and a dart with a more positive grip. I'm amazed at how much better I throw now.
I do all my own stunts.