Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: One80 Rotafix review and insatllation guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

video link = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWvJR3v_...JEDXkBLoGQ

I was very intrigued by this the first time I seen the info about it on the One80 site. I thought it looked like a very clever little accessory.

Now I have finally had the chance to try it I think its a great darboard holder and very reasonably priced at £8.99.

I have decided to make the pics below into a little installation guide too.

Its not difficult to setup and if I can do it then anyone can Smile
I think it took me around 15mins or so to set up and I am not a great DIYer so it may be quicker for those with better skills than me.

The Rotafix comes in a cardboard box as below:

[Image: 1rotafix_zpsab487d12.jpg]

[Image: 2rotafix_zps55b960ba.jpg]

Contents:

In the box is the two round plates as shown below, one is the wall plate which is fixed to the wall and the other is the spring plate which fixes to the back of the board, they are quite intricately designed and moulded and I would imagine it took some precise design and calculations to make:

[Image: 3rotafix_zps7399f3e5.jpg]

[Image: 4rotafix_zps81926077.jpg]

[Image: 5rotafix_zps39011c75.jpg]

You have a detailed instruction leaflet to help with installing the device:

[Image: 6rotafix_zps61d9c44a.jpg]

There is a special plastic locator tool for marking out and an array of screws and fittings and wall plugs, fully detailed in the second pic below:

[Image: 7rotafix_zps35b83d26.jpg]

[Image: 8rotafix_zps8c5054eb.jpg]

Installation procedure:

[Image: 9rotafix_zps09288c61.jpg]

[Image: 10rotafix_zps7d531383.jpg]

[Image: 11rotafix_zpsbbd90f56.jpg]

[Image: 12rotafix_zpsaf1b941e.jpg]

[Image: 13rotafix_zpsfabf754d.jpg]

[Image: 14rotafix_zps6da2bd14.jpg]

[Image: 15rotafix_zps160a3af0.jpg]

[Image: 16rotafix_zps78a10d22.jpg]

[Image: 17rotafix_zpsc3e9ac80.jpg]

[Image: 18rotafix_zps536009f6.jpg]

[Image: 19rotafix_zps6c4a8341.jpg]

[Image: 20rotafix_zps996f2a03.jpg]

[Image: 21rotafix_zps611ab238.jpg]

[Image: 22rotafix_zps04119a34.jpg]

[Image: 23rotafix_zpse0a9a67c.jpg]

[Image: 24rotafix_zpsad37349e.jpg]

[Image: 25rotafix_zps0858ce64.jpg]

[Image: 26rotafix_zps9916115d.jpg]

[Image: 27rotafix_zps6fe22acc.jpg]

[Image: 28rotafix_zpsef63c352.jpg]

[Image: 29rotafix_zpsb61aa362.jpg]

All set up and ready to go! Smile

[Image: 30rotafix_zps5c3c3ab4.jpg]

For the purpose of the video review I just fixed it up to my darts stand but all the above instruction apply exactly the same as if fixing to the wall.

The system works very well when set up you just need to take care with your marking out and it will be perfect. As you can see from the video the board is very easily rotated by 2 segments either clockwise or anti clockwise. When you turn the board it will click into the next section leaving your board perfectly aligned which is very neat and clever Smile

Once you have it set up then it can stay there for the life of the board and then be re-used for a new board when necessary. This makes it so much easy for turning but if you like to swap between various boards such as a training board then it might be a good idea if One80 could sell the Spring Plates separately so you could switch boards easily, just a thought! Smile

Once fixed up the board feels very secure and sits nice and even without any rocking or loose feeling.

I do think that it may be helping to some degree with absorbing the noise from the darts, I think it sounded different even on my stand, it was hard to describe but it sounded more like a quick sharp thud rather than a deep sounding echoey type thud.

Overall I think its a very nice accessory to have and price is very reasonable too, it gets a thumbs up from me! Smile
thanks mate. +1 from me. seriously thinking i will go with one of these and a G2 board next.
Cheers Rich, its a great device I think. Wont work on the Bulls Bandit or I would put it on that, but great for other boards like the G2.
i am thinking that your idea of selling spare spring plates is a very good one
Yeah would be good I think.
big +1 here grip!
Great review Darren. Been wondering about this item myself. +1 mate.

Cheers
(10-07-2014, 05:00 PM)Cankles of Fury Wrote: [ -> ]big +1 here grip!

Thanks Nate! Smile

(10-07-2014, 05:33 PM)kalaben Wrote: [ -> ]Great review Darren. Been wondering about this item myself. +1 mate.

Cheers

Cheers Jerry, it works well I think, cant imagine the headache it must have been to design though!
You make it look pretty easy to install. Looks like a good solution to rotating the board. I mean neat and tidy as it was designed. Great review. Thanks for showing us step by step how to install it...next time I need one I'll give it a go
Great review yet again. It looks too complicated to put up, I would need to higher an engineer and crew to put it up for me.
Great review.

But I personally don't like the item which makes simple things sophisticated. Think about if you are in a bar - because the boards are bad you thought of bringing your own board and you have this thing or the Puma Shot wall clip installed.

There's nothing wrong about practicality of the old screw and wall hinge assembly.
(10-07-2014, 10:35 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: [ -> ]You make it look pretty easy to install. Looks like a good solution to rotating the board. I mean neat and tidy as it was designed. Great review. Thanks for showing us step by step how to install it...next time I need one I'll give it a go

If I can do it with my poor DIY skills then most people should find it a doddle Smile

(10-07-2014, 10:44 PM)uncle poop Wrote: [ -> ]Great review yet again. It looks too complicated to put up, I would need to higher an engineer and crew to put it up for me.

No its not complicated, any board that you set up has to be measured right any way its just you have a few extra steps with this but its worth that little extra effort Smile

(10-07-2014, 10:58 PM)majeek Wrote: [ -> ]Great review.

But I personally don't like the item which makes simple things sophisticated. Think about if you are in a bar - because the boards are bad you thought of bringing your own board and you have this thing or the Puma Shot wall clip installed.

There's nothing wrong about practicality of the old screw and wall hinge assembly.

Well I cant see it been marketed as an option for that situation, I don't know anyone who has took their own board to a bar??
A very comprehensive review and install guide Smile It looks like it has the potential to be very useful. Sure is interesting
Yes during our league matches here we are allowed to bring and use our own boards than play with their old hard bristle boards that they have. I always carry a spare one in the trunk.
(10-15-2014, 04:48 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: [ -> ]A very comprehensive review and install guide Smile It looks like it has the potential to be very useful. Sure is interesting

Thanks mate, I am liking it a lot so far Smile

(10-15-2014, 06:33 PM)majeek Wrote: [ -> ]Yes during our league matches here we are allowed to bring and use our own boards than play with their old hard bristle boards that they have. I always carry a spare one in the trunk.

You crazy man!!! Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4