Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Nexus Lighting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone. Was a member years ago but just getting back into the site again. 

First off let me tell you how much I enjoy and appreciate everyone that takes the time to share their experiences and info for all of us. Just a great group of folks.

Getagrip is my go to for EVERYTHING that requires a review. Special thanks to him for all he has done.

On that note. After doing much research and watching Grips review on the Nexus board I have decided to purchase one for my dad for Fathers day. As soon as I can get my hands on one here in the States. I started him playing a year or two ago and he he is hooked and getting pretty darn good.

My question is about lighting for the Nexus board. Is there any lighting system that would work with a nexus board. Not a big fan of playing with big overhead lights on. Would like something like a surround lighting system but not sure what would fit or what someone might recommend to me?? 

Thanks all!!
The Winmau Plasma may work as it is attached to the wall around the e-board or an e-board backboard, if large enough.  I do not have experience with this lighting systems but I can see it does not rely on the board or a board surround to attach to.

I personally use an overhead 4ft track-light with compact MR16 fixtures. Small 2in diameter lamps throw a 25degree beam pattern creating about a 6ft diameter multi-beam shadowless spot on and around the board.

Do you know the mounting options available to your father?
This is designed to fit Target Corona lights to a soft tip board.

https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hive...801000719/

I've only seen them on that site and I don't think they're shipping overseas at the minute.

Wouldn't be too hard to make something similar though.
(05-22-2020, 04:09 PM)EKirk Bradley Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone. Was a member years ago but just getting back into the site again. 

First off let me tell you how much I enjoy and appreciate everyone that takes the time to share their experiences and info for all of us. Just a great group of folks.

Getagrip is my go to for EVERYTHING that requires a review. Special thanks to him for all he has done.

On that note. After doing much research and watching Grips review on the Nexus board I have decided to purchase one for my dad for Fathers day. As soon as I can get my hands on one here in the States. I started him playing a year or two ago and he he is hooked and getting pretty darn good.

My question is about lighting for the Nexus board. Is there any lighting system that would work with a nexus board. Not a big fan of playing with big overhead lights on. Would like something like a surround lighting system but not sure what would fit or what someone might recommend to me?? 

Thanks all!!

Can't answer your lighting question, but a recent email from a-z to wholesalers said that they’ll be getting a shipment of Nexus boards shortly — so keep an eye out. They ship fast, so it could well arrive in time for Father’s Day.
I use a Target 360 ring light and love it. You have to mount it with the legs splayed out but it lights up everything evenly and we’re very happy with it. 

Hope this helps!

Eric
(05-29-2020, 11:34 AM)E M R Wrote: [ -> ]I use a Target 360 ring light and love it. You have to mount it with the legs splayed out but it lights up everything evenly and we’re very happy with it. 

Hope this helps!

Eric
I thought about something like that but wasn't sure if it would end up in the way of the display.. I would love to see a picture of yours Eric..
As Dan mentioned you can get coversion clamps for the Corona Lighting Sytem, AZ has them in stock https://www.a-zdarts.com/target-corona-v...n-kit.html
3rd times a charm?  I'm having a TOUGH time uploading these photos!

#OldMan[Image: F3R261b.jpg][Image: ixBJJw2.jpg]
(06-01-2020, 11:59 PM)E M R Wrote: [ -> ]3rd times a charm?  I'm having a TOUGH time uploading these photos!

#OldMan

Not the biggest pictures I've seen uploaded, but a 12 megapixel picture won't upload in a flash no matter what. Wink
I was having trouble uploading from iPad OS. Uploading from Mac OS was a breeze!