Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Simple Gran Board 3s questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all.

Just got my new gran board 3s. All good so far and not had many problems. Their marketing is terrible though and suprised there's almost no information about them anywhere online. Anyway, a couple of issues...

The holes outside the scoring area itself, meaning the miss area, seem to be different to the main scoring section holes. My darts get really stuck in that part. I do twist when I remove the darts, but particularly in this section of the board, the dart sticks in so tight that you can't twist it at all. I have to put one hand on the board and pull like crazy to get them out. Removing from the main area is fine. Anyone else have that problem? Seems like a design fault. Using harrows soft tips at the moment but may test others.

Second thing. Is there an easy way to correct it when it doesn't register a hit? For example, if I hit a 15, but it doesn't register, can I tell it that I did get the 15? At the moment, I have to stab a dart into the 15 to get it to register the hit. I tried pushing the section with my finger and it worked once or twice, but often the finger doesn't work and the dart does. Must be an easier way to correct it?

Thanks for any help in advance!
First question: I have the exact opposite experience as you. The out of scoring area on my board does not hold my darts tight at all. I typically don't have to pull hard at all to get my darts out of there.

Second question: You're sensitivity settings might be off. I hardly ever get a hit that doesn't register and when I do, I simply just touch the segment with my finger. What are your sensor settings? Here is the settings that work on mine and 3 of my friend's GB3s.

[Image: XE6e5BG.jpg]
(05-08-2020, 12:22 AM)Tek_FPV Wrote: [ -> ]First question: I have the exact opposite experience as you. The out of scoring area on my board does not hold my darts tight at all. I typically don't have to pull hard at all to get my darts out of there.

Second question: You're sensitivity settings might be off. I hardly ever get a hit that doesn't register and when I do, I simply just touch the segment with my finger. What are your sensor settings? Here is the settings that work on mine and 3 of my friend's GB3s.

Pic removed

Thanks. That's useful to see (and hear). My settings are actually the same as that. They must have been like that as default. I wonder if this is down to tips, and darts weight? Although, they wouldn't affect the sensitivity of me pushing the sections with my finger. I did open the back of the board to remove a broken tip. I wonder if something to do with the sensors was affected. Maybe I should open it again and have a look. What do you do with broken tips? Do you push them inside the board (as I have seen some people do)?
Thanks for the help.
What weight darts do you throw? A heavy dart will definitely make a pull out a tad tougher as the weight and speed of throw will make it go in the board deeper. It's recommended not to go over 20 grams for your weight. You should take the back off and make sure everything is placed correctly. And I wouldn't advise pushing broken tips into the board. I hardly ever get broken tips but when I do, I typically just take some needle nose pliers and pull it out. If I can't get it that way then I will just open the board up push the broken tips outwards. I use Fit Point Plus tips.