Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Gran Board 3S or Arachnid Cricket Pro 800
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I want to buy a soft tip board with great durability and it also has to be a quiet board when the darts hit it.
So I ended up with the following 2 boards after some search.

Which one shoud I buy? What are the pro's and con's (the online difference I already know) for my 2 demands?
Gran Board 3S or Arachnid Cricket Pro 800

(The Target Nexus is just to expensive and I don't like the account option you have to make.)
(05-05-2020, 10:08 AM)buckshot13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys,

I want to buy a soft tip board with great durability and it also has to be a quiet board when the darts hit it.
So I ended up with the following 2 boards after some search.

Which one shoud I buy? What are the pro's and con's (the online difference I already know) for my 2 demands?
Gran Board 3S or Arachnid Cricket Pro 800

(The Target Nexus is just to expensive and I don't like the account option you have to make.)

Good luck with this part...

I know that sounds trite, but I have yet to encounter a soft tip board which is quiet. I had the Cricket Pro 450 for a spell, and I now have the Nexus. People on here talk/complain about the "sounds" encountered with their steel tip boards making noise. I have a One80 Gladiator 3 steel tip board and the sound is 1000 times quieter than any soft tip board I've had. The Nexus has a sound dampening pad built in, but the sound compared to a steel tip board is off the charts...the Cricket Pro was equally noisy compared to my steel tip board.
I know that a steeltip board is less noisy than a softtip.
But I want to know which softtip board is the most quiet one.
An especially which of the 2 I mentioned is most quiet and durable.
and If there are more pro's and con's in that area to take into account.
(05-05-2020, 12:03 PM)buckshot13 Wrote: [ -> ]I know that a steeltip board is less noisy than a softtip.
But I want to know which softtip board is the most quiet one.
An especially which of the 2 I mentioned is most quiet and durable.
and If there are more pro's and con's in that area to take into account.

Gotcha. Haven't had a Gran Board, so can't compare that for you. However, I can't describe the Cricket Pro 450 (same basic board as the 800) as being quiet
Hi, 

I can only speak for the gran board 3s. It's pretty quiet and certainly much quieter than my last one which was a cheap one. 

I just downloaded a sound meter app on my phone and threw 3 darts. Each one registered at 40 decibels. You could download an app and knock your knuckles on a table top until you get to 40 to check how loud it is. I measured the volume from where I was standing, at the throw line, not from right next to the board so that's what you would hear as you were throwing.
Thx, rbnfrance, I wil try this method.
40db is not loud at all, so that's a good pro for the Gran Board 3s.