Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Reversing Barrel Position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Obviously this HAS to be posted in the soft tip section. Smile

I searched the forum and couldn't find any thread, but I can't believe there isn't one yet.

I'd love to see pics, or get some input from anyone who has taken a NON-STRAIGHT barrel and reversed it.

I posted these darts in the "Why did I buy these" thread the other day, as I don't like them. Today I was looking at the barrels and thought "Why not!"

So I switched the stems and points and I actually like the way these fly now. LOL

The pic showing the darts on the paper shows the "correct" setup of the dart on the right. The two on the left show the reversed. (All 3 were reversed while throwing.)

Anyway, I would love to see what reversed setups others have had to come up with...

[Image: f97985ffee7d726a6b47b88245bc8644.jpg][Image: 0e182d694e2a5601de4762e673bbd326.jpg]

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
yep! but anything with shark grooves or designed for a rear gripper will tend towards something pretty evil when reversed -
oddest was a harrows assassin - which is normally a spring onion shaped barrel - but reversed made a slim straight barrelled dart - with a crazy rear "ball grip" at the back - like an out of shape stiletto.

Target Silica Apollo I only use reversed -

[attachment=22162]

it has a reversed shark grip normally which I didn't like at all  - reversed however - a sort of mini stiletto with a reversed reversed shark grip.... so a normal shark grip on a bomb shaped dart with a much longer front taper.
Oh that's awesome. I didn't even think about the grip section being an issue with the reversal.

Sidenote - The Jadeite is on my short list of darts to buy...I love the looks and the shape of the barrel is what I've been steering towards lately. I haven't purchased a set with that type of grip on the back end, so I didn't know if it would have enough grip for my preference...but I'm guessing "yes". Smile
Found only this pic of a dartsclearance barrel... But i did it several times with other dart.
[Image: 20170921_2003004wjol.jpg]
(03-30-2020, 08:51 AM)theblindPew Wrote: [ -> ]Found only this pic of a dartsclearance barrel... But i did it several times with other dart.
When I switched mine around, it was strictly out of a curiosity to see how they'd feel and fly. When you purchased the sets you mentioned, did you already know you were going to flip the barrels?

I like the look of those barrels! I can't tell, but I think those those look like conversion points.

It's amazing how many beautiful sets of darts I've seen, where people have acquired them from the DC clearance section! I've picked up several sets of Harrow's knockoffs from DC, and they fly just as well (or "not so well"  Big Grin) as any other dart I have!
(03-29-2020, 09:35 PM)Ryk Wrote: [ -> ]yep! but anything with shark grooves or designed for a rear gripper will tend towards something pretty evil when reversed -
oddest was a harrows assassin - which is normally a spring onion shaped barrel - but reversed made a slim straight barrelled dart - with a crazy rear "ball grip" at the back - like an out of shape stiletto.

Target Silica Apollo I only use reversed -

it has a reversed shark grip normally which I didn't like at all  - reversed however - a sort of mini stiletto with a reversed reversed shark grip.... so a normal shark grip on a bomb shaped dart with a much longer front taper.

That Harrows Assassin Priestley dart, have been just thinking about it, I have that dart! Shy
I have always converted soft tip darts to steel tip as I do not have a soft tip board (and don't really play soft tip darts) but I do turn barrels around all the time.  I have been looking for a vary saliently tapered "Scott Waites" style dart to try the same thing with in the steel tip realm since I have some push-in stems that are about the width of a standard steel tip point.  Anyway, here are some soft tip darts I converted and then turned the barrels around:

[Image: IMG_2636.jpg]
(03-30-2020, 04:02 PM)Zero Wrote: [ -> ]I have always converted soft tip darts to steel tip as I do not have a soft tip board (and don't really play soft tip darts) but I do turn barrels around all the time.  I have been looking for a vary saliently tapered "Scott Waites" style dart to try the same thing with in the steel tip realm since I have some push-in stems that are about the width of a standard steel tip point.  Anyway, here are some soft tip darts I converted and then turned the barrels around:

Holy smokes those have some battle scars. Every time you step to the oche, I think you should be required to say "This is Sparta"!  Big Grin
(03-30-2020, 05:27 PM)JAMSGOLF Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2020, 04:02 PM)Zero Wrote: [ -> ]I have always converted soft tip darts to steel tip as I do not have a soft tip board (and don't really play soft tip darts) but I do turn barrels around all the time.  I have been looking for a vary saliently tapered "Scott Waites" style dart to try the same thing with in the steel tip realm since I have some push-in stems that are about the width of a standard steel tip point.  Anyway, here are some soft tip darts I converted and then turned the barrels around:

Holy smokes those have some battle scars. Every time you step to the oche, I think you should be required to say "This is Sparta"!  Big Grin

LOL!  Nice, you just named those darts for me... The Spartans!
(03-30-2020, 09:01 PM)Zero Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2020, 05:27 PM)JAMSGOLF Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL!  Nice, you just named those darts for me... The Spartans!

Well...I name all my own darts, but I can't type out what I call them on here!   Tongue
Is that brass?? Cool looking!
(03-31-2020, 01:05 PM)LKH9 Wrote: [ -> ]
Is that brass?? Cool looking!

They are a brass dart with some sort of coating on them to make them look "coppery".  Not a dart I would have ever bought but my father got them in an auction and sent them to me.  The tips they are wearing, when I bought them in the early 2000's, were called "Fancy Conversion Points".  In those days there were significantly fewer options when it came to conversion points tho.  The darts are probably a Halex set of some species, and I think the points are **maybe** made by Voks.  Could not tell you.
Funny, I just posted this in another forum about front scalloped darts.  These are Target Rising Sun reversed so the scallop is in the front.  It was just a test as I am a rear gripper, but they seemed to fly very true with this set up.
(03-31-2020, 10:21 PM)ROKGoose Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, I just posted this in another forum about front scalloped darts.  These are Target Rising Sun reversed so the scallop is in the front.  It was just a test as I am a rear gripper, but they seemed to fly very true with this set up.

You want to talk about funny, THAT dart is on my very very short list to get! I've been looking for the 2ba version and can only find it on Rakutan - and can't seem to find a way to get that dart! LOL - I don't deal with credit cards - I have debit cards - just not credit cards, and credit seems the only way to get it through Rakutan! Arghhh.

I've got the steel tip version saved in my Darts Corner "favorites" as the only solution I can think of is to have a custom maker convert the steel to soft!

I never dreamed I'd see that dart in this thread!  Wink

Thanks for sharing that one! Now I really need to get that dart!  Big Grin
(03-31-2020, 11:34 PM)JAMSGOLF Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2020, 10:21 PM)ROKGoose Wrote: [ -> ]Funny, I just posted this in another forum about front scalloped darts.  These are Target Rising Sun reversed so the scallop is in the front.  It was just a test as I am a rear gripper, but they seemed to fly veryese true with this set up.

You want to talk about funny, THAT dart is on my very very short list to get! I've been looking for the 2ba version and can only find it on Rakutan - and can't seem to find a way to get that dart! LOL - I don't deal with credit cards - I have debit cards - just not credit cards, and credit seems the only way to get it through Rakutan! Arghhh.

I've got the steel tip version saved in my Darts Corner "favorites" as the only solution I can think of is to have a custom maker convert the steel to soft!

I never dreamed I'd see that dart in this thread!  Wink

Thanks for sharing that one! Now I really need to get that dart!  

Yeah, seem to be hard to get these days. Sadly, I sold mine a while ago as they were a bit short for my liking.

I have used Rakuten before with my Visa Debit Card. Below link at the bottom of the page says they accept debit cards.
https://global.rakuten.com/en/store/hive...813000705/
Pages: 1 2