Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Online Camera Angle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a Gran Board 3. Although my local bar has Radikal machines which I enjoy playing online, playing online at home has definite advantages as well.

I've played a few online games and wonder about proper angle to set my camera. I've played folks who point the camera at themselves so you have no view of the board. I've also encountered the opposite, players who focus the camera on the board so you never see them throw.

Is one or the other correct?
There seems to be an even split on this from what I've seen from peoples opinions. I think some people like to point it at themselves to emulate the bar machines feel but personally, I prefer to see the board. That way you know they aren't finger pushing or you can see that a dart hit but didn't register and needs a finger push.

I have mine slightly behind me so I'm only partially in shot but you can see the whole darts path to the board. Of course you don't get a close up of the board but it rules out any cheating.

To be honest I really don't mind what angle my opponent uses and there is no right or wrong. A good game and good sportsmanship goes a lot further.
(02-23-2020, 06:12 AM)chrisbck Wrote: [ -> ]There seems to be an even split on this from what I've seen from peoples opinions. I think some people like to point it at themselves to emulate the bar machines feel but personally, I prefer to see the board. That way you know they aren't finger pushing or you can see that a dart hit but didn't register and needs a finger push.

I have mine slightly behind me so I'm only partially in shot but you can see the whole darts path to the board. Of course you don't get a close up of the board but it rules out any cheating.

To be honest I really don't mind what angle my opponent uses and there is no right or wrong. A good game and good sportsmanship goes a lot further.

Thank you for the opinion.
I have mine pointing at me but I have been thinking about mounting it behind me and pointing it at the board. But like chrisbck, I don't mind which angle my opponent has theirs. The ones that piss me off is when they are losing badly or have lost a couple games consecutively, they pretend to bump or just intentionally move the camera angle so you only see the ceiling or floor and all of a sudden it seems I'm playing Gary Anderson on his best night.
(02-24-2020, 03:06 AM)Tek_FPV Wrote: [ -> ]I have mine pointing at me but I have been thinking about mounting it behind me and pointing it at the board. But like chrisbck, I don't mind which angle my opponent has theirs. The ones that piss me off is when they are losing badly or have lost a couple games consecutively, they pretend to bump or just intentionally move the camera angle so you only see the ceiling or floor and all of a sudden it seems I'm playing Gary Anderson on his best night.

Thank you for your time and information.
After the great info I received from you guys I've settled on the camera on the board. To say the least, I've gotten many dirty looks from my competitors. They have the camera on them. If they were good lookin it would be a different story, but personally I'd rather see the board. Stay safe...….COVID-19 is afraid of online darts. I'm a senior citizen and diabetic. I'll either weather this or (get ready) they'll have to pry my darts from my cold fingers. Bury me with my Target Daytona GTs and a bottle of fine tequila.
When I have mine facing me, it mirrors the image so it appears I throw left handed - Is there nay way of stopping this ?

Thanks

I have a note 5 if it is a phone issue (although it doesn't mirror my images when I record videos with the front camera)

thanks
(03-22-2020, 11:19 AM)philliesricky Wrote: [ -> ]When I have mine facing me, it mirrors the image so it appears I throw left handed - Is there nay way of stopping this ?

Thanks

I have a note 5 if it is a phone issue (although it doesn't mirror my images when I record videos with the front camera)

thanks

Most probably it mirrors your image only for yourself, the other party sees you correctly. Ask them, which hand you throw withSmile
As far as I have understood, most webcam softwares show your own image mirrored, because people generally can see realtime image of themselves only in physical mirror and rather accustomed seeing it this way. For example, consider that you want to correct your hair or do sth else on your face - you feel it easier to do in front of actual mirror or looking at mirrored webcam feed, than looking at actual webcam feed.
interesting , thanks, i will investigate some more
I mount the iPad facing my back towards the board. Gets the best of both worlds. Seen some weird cats on granboard. Wish they had done the same honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk