Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Case for assembled darts (l-style)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm after a case but not sure what one to go for.  I use l-style flights so need one that can hold assembled darts and wont bend the l-stlyes.

I don't need it to be able to hold any additional sets of darts or flights so can be as small as possible.

Any recommendations, pics would be good too.

Anyone got the mission slim as there are no pics of the inside on DC.

Thanks
I've got the Mission XL version and that's a decent case, but there's some pics of the inside of the slip on the Mission website

https://www.missiondarts.com/dart-cases-...tion-p1303
Thanks for that Mike, yeah hard to tell without seeing some darts in there. I know when I sued moulded before there was the potential that the closure was a little tight and it would bend the fins which I want to avoid.

Got plenty of cases for foldable flights just need something to cover me for the l-style.
I have a Cameo Garment 2 a few years now. Very durable and looks good Smile

Or a simple plastic container from Cosmo, if it has to go fast
I too have a Mission XL for single set use - with L Style.  I find adjustment of the foam insert works for me.  Velcro's in place, so easy to get that extra room for molded flights.  Case closes easily without compressing the flights.  Thought about trimming off the folding flight section, but found it unnecessary.  Depends on the barrels, stems, etc.  Pictured with L Style 260's.  Anything shorter think you'd be doing some mods: Wink

[Image: JWDlF9Nh.jpg]
(02-11-2020, 02:23 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]I too have a Mission XL for single set use - with L Style.  I find adjustment of the foam insert works for me.  Velcro's in place, so easy to get that extra room for molded flights.  Case closes easily without compressing the flights.  Thought about trimming off the folding flight section, but found it unnecessary.  Depends on the barrels, stems, etc.  Pictured with L Style 260's.  Anything shorter think you'd be doing some mods: Wink

Thanks nixer, that's why the photos help, I use Fordhams with medium stems so potentially that foam part would get in the way
I don't know specifically as regards L Style setups, but Target Takoma cases are great for regular fully assembled darts
(02-11-2020, 04:10 PM)Hazza Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2020, 02:23 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]I too have a Mission XL for single set use - with L Style.  I find adjustment of the foam insert works for me.  Velcro's in place, so easy to get that extra room for molded flights.  Case closes easily without compressing the flights.  Thought about trimming off the folding flight section, but found it unnecessary.  Depends on the barrels, stems, etc.  Pictured with L Style 260's.  Anything shorter think you'd be doing some mods: Wink

Thanks nixer, that's why the photos help, I use Fordhams with medium stems so potentially that foam part would get in the way

The foam part where the darts go has velcro on the back so can be taken out and turned round if you want so the part for the spare flights is at the bottom - here's a quick pic of mine with the foam turned round and including my set of Fordhams with medium stems and DN flights

[Image: QSLFnLg.jpg]
(02-11-2020, 04:44 PM)mc1958 Wrote: [ -> ]

The foam part where the darts go has velcro on the back so can be taken out and turned round if you want so the part for the spare flights is at the bottom - here's a quick pic of mine with the foam turned round and including my set of Fordhams with medium stems and DN flights

Pic removed

That works - lol.
Wish I had seen these pics earlier! I was looking for the same sort of case, something that wouldn't distort assembled flights. Took a chance on the new Winmau Tour Edition case, got it yesterday. Its a nice enough case, and it won't compress the flights. When LeeUxy said MVG wanted a case he could just throw his darts in to, he meant it! No insert of any kind, darts just drop in behind a zipper pouch. It is quick and easy, but your darts will rattle around freely. Someone on here has done some 'drop, roll and throw' tests on cases, this one is not made for that kind of handling!
I use this L-Style hard case when I need to travel and don't want them to get damaged.
[attachment=21945]
(02-11-2020, 04:44 PM)mc1958 Wrote: [ -> ]

You're too good to me, looks ideal