Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Gran Board 3s Woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I finally decided to give soft tip a go. I travel for work and am in hotels often. I thought I would just get a Gran Board and Stand. I could wile away my boring hotel time playing some darts.

So I ordered a board, stand and carry case from A-Z Darts. It arrived today. 

I was very excited. Got it all mounted and setup. Downloaded the app and it connected to the board and all seemed well. It said it needed a firmware update. So I went ahead and did that and it said successful. Afterwards it would no longer work with the app on my phone, my wife's phone or my tablet.

So I found this thread "https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=36146" and tried to force a new firmware update. Assuming something went wrong with the initial one. Well 10 tries later on the iphone and 2 tries on the Android phone. I officially give up. I need help lads!

It always completes, with red light flashing on both the iPhone and Pixel 3XL. It says to turn off and on Bluetooth. It then reconnects to the board and says the update was successful. 

Then it still doesn't work. I then tried it it after turning off both the board and the phone. Still no luck. 

I'm completely at a loss. I feel utterly miserable and ripped-off as it was quite expensive. I have submitted a support email to Gran but no reply as of yet. I called A-Z Darts and they said they couldn't exchange it without permission from Gran. 

Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks in advance Mike
Hi Mike,

I contacted Grandarts/GranBoard through the APP and they got back to me right away with the information you found pinned. 
Perhaps the 3s has a different forced firmware update procedure. 

I would expect them to have you up and running quickly.

cheers
Just email customer support and they will send you specific instructions along with a link to update your board. i did this and mine is working great.    Smile
Gran Board got back to me this morning. Board is up and running. Soft tip darts are supposed to be delivered today! Thanks for the encouragement!
Seems our pinned instructions are model specific. Edited that post and pointed to this thread, so other members aren't misled. Thanks for the update!

cheers...
(01-27-2020, 01:21 PM)trav9955 Wrote: [ -> ](This information is for the bluetooth issue/firmware update for the new GranBoard 3S)

Just email customer support and they will send you specific instructions along with a link to update your board. I did this and mine is working great.    Smile
(01-27-2020, 05:36 PM)trav9955 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2020, 01:21 PM)trav9955 Wrote: [ -> ](This information is for the bluetooth issue/firmware update for the new GranBoard 3S)

Just email customer support and they will send you specific instructions along with a link to update your board. I did this and mine is working great.    Smile

Yeah they did a couple days ago Trav9955! It's a couple posts above yours but thanks for the heads ups
(01-31-2020, 01:33 AM)BadMojo Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeah they did a couple days ago Trav9955! It's a couple posts above yours but thanks for the heads ups

Omg I just got my gb3s. I was having major connection issues where I couldn't get through a single turn without it disconnecting on 5 different devices including my phone( which everyone says is the failsafe). So I tried to do the firmware upgrade and now it won't connect at all and I can't get anything more than a orange light on the connection light. LEDs and everything are not working.
(03-03-2020, 02:14 AM)NebraskanYakin Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2020, 01:33 AM)BadMojo Wrote: [ -> ]

Omg I just got my gb3s. I was having major connection issues where I couldn't get through a single turn without it disconnecting on 5 different devices including my phone( which everyone says is the failsafe). So I tried to do the firmware upgrade and now it won't connect at all and I can't get anything more than a orange light on the connection light. LEDs and everything are not working.

Also I did message Gran board as well cross your fingers.
I know hot to fix this. I tried for hours yesterday. You have to delete the app from your phone and then download the beta app. You cant redo the firmware without the beta software

https://m.facebook.com/granboard.officia...7123998464

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-27-2020, 03:03 PM)BadMojo Wrote: [ -> ]Gran Board got back to me this morning. Board is up and running. Soft tip darts are supposed to be delivered today! Thanks for the encouragement!

Are you able to provide me with the GB3s fix information they sent you?

I'm not getting a response and would like to shoot tonight.  It was working till Firmware update and now it's not working at all.  Sigh.  So frustrating.
(03-19-2020, 01:18 AM)Horados Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2020, 03:03 PM)BadMojo Wrote: [ -> ]Gran Board got back to me this morning. Board is up and running. Soft tip darts are supposed to be delivered today! Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm not getting a response and would like to shoot tonight.  It was working till Firmware update and now it's not working at all.  Sigh.  So frustrating.
Do you know if it's fixed now?
(03-27-2020, 02:40 PM)Papafriten Wrote: [ -> ]

Did you see my link to download the app??

Did you see the link I posted?? It goes right to the GB Facebook page so you can download the new app

(03-03-2020, 03:51 AM)Nightflights Wrote: [ -> ]I know hot to fix this. I tried for hours yesterday.  You have to delete the app from your phone and then download the beta app.  You cant redo the firmware without the beta software

https://m.facebook.com/granboard.officia...7123998464

(03-27-2020, 02:47 PM)Nightflights Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2020, 02:40 PM)Papafriten Wrote: [ -> ]

Did you see my link to download the app??

I try to access to the link but its no longer accesible or its broken. Anyone can copy the link to the app?

https://ibb.co/YWLdTRy