Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Mission Samurai - Review of Sorts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Guys,

First of all it is difficult to write a review after you have a board for 2.5 days. I will still try and will give an update regarding longevity in a few weeks/months. Enjoy reading. I am happy to hear your opinion on the Mission Samurai board.

Coloring:
Very well done and bright red, Black and green. In the edges too. No complainsts. 

Wall-Mounting:
No Rota-Fix. Rest is standard stuff. It fitted perfectly in my previously installed metal plate from my old Blade 5.

Bristle Quality:
The board is quite hard. Maybe not Gladiator 3 hard, but a lot harder than the Blade 5. It still works fine for my not too hard throw. No bounce outs yet. 
The bigger issue is that near the spider the bristle is not that perfect, which is only noticable during a close look though. I will try to showcase this in the next picture. The areas in the middle of the fields are absolutely fine.
[Image: KgDf28S.jpg]

Value:
The Mission Samurai retails for 40€ or 30£. I think the value at first sight is very good, but longevity will tell the finish of that story.

My Setup:
Yeah well I just wanted to share since I like it. Hope you do too.
[Image: gB7e6x2.jpg]
Nice set up.
Priced very competitively. Let us know how you get on of course with adequate board turning included in your next review update.
Any update on the board so far as I just retired my G2 and re hung a slightly used B4.
Thinking a new G3 but as the mission is said to be quiet and firm it could be in the hunt too.
I am playing about 1h a day on average. I think I will do the first board rotation today. So for what it is worth I think it holds up quite well. And Mrs. Molrix says it is quieter than the Blade 5, but that might just be her opinion. Sound is different tough.
(11-24-2019, 11:35 AM)Molrix Wrote: [ -> ]I am playing about 1h a day on average. I think I will do the first board rotation today. So for what it is worth I think it holds up quite well. And Mrs. Molrix says it is quieter than the Blade 5, but that might just be her opinion. Sound is different tough.

Problem with the B5 if you use the rota lok wheels that causes a hard thud against the wall.
(11-24-2019, 11:35 AM)Molrix Wrote: [ -> ]I am playing about 1h a day on average. I think I will do the first board rotation today. So for what it is worth I think it holds up quite well. And Mrs. Molrix says it is quieter than the Blade 5, but that might just be her opinion. Sound is different tough.

Is it healing well and have you got a recent picture please?
[Image: pZZNwxk.jpg]

Here you go. The healing im general is okay, I just deeply inspected it for the first time. Lol. It looks okay, but I think the bristles on the b5 are a lot softer than on the Samurai.
Doesn't look the greatest for just over 2 months old, you should rotate your board more by the looks of it
I put some cardboard behind the roto adjusting wheels and that quieted the B5.
Not looking good, just took down a G2
that wasn’t much worse than that
Well just showing what I got. You can decide for yourself, but just keep in mind a b5 does not have mint condition after 2 months of use, either.

Edit: would I buy the board again? - 50/50 at the moment
(11-24-2019, 10:14 PM)Molrix Wrote: [ -> ]Well just showing what I got. You can decide for yourself, but just keep in mind a b5 does not have mint condition after 2 months of use, either.

Edit: would I buy the board again? - 50/50 at the moment

I really appreciate you took the time to post pictures, I love the Gladiator boards but like the look of the Mission board too. Decisions, decisions LOL