Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: What Are The Toughest Flights?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Harrows retina are pretty tough. I usually replace 1-2 sets of flights at the end of every weekend.
(03-11-2019, 11:43 AM)jturley501 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess most of the "fit flight" style flights are pretty tough - I use the L Style flights and they look untouched after about 3 months of throwing.

Another shout for L Style from me, I started using them as I was getting loads of Robin Hoods using punched flights with titanium rings.  They're working very well for me and lasting ages
I went and got some Amazon 150s to try, but I had a realization in practice. The rigidity of the thicker flight makes it more susceptible to nicks and damage, whereas standard flights have more give in them and will bend instead of chipping. So I believe such flights should be avoided.
(03-11-2019, 04:52 PM)codo180 Wrote: [ -> ]I went and got some Amazon 150s to try, but I had a realization in practice. The rigidity of the thicker flight makes it more susceptible to nicks and damage, whereas standard flights have more give in them and will bend instead of chipping. So I believe such flights should be avoided.

I would have to agree.
Thanks everyone!!

Rather than go for the extreme of changing my setup, I've followed the advice of many and bought some tridents to see if there's any difference. I'll give them a shot first!!
(03-11-2019, 05:09 PM)Dan180 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks everyone!!

Rather than go for the extreme of changing my setup, I've followed the advice of many and bought some tridents to see if there's any difference. I'll give them a shot first!!

From my experience there's no doubt about the difference. You may be very surprised.
(03-11-2019, 06:04 PM)elevendarter Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2019, 05:09 PM)Dan180 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks everyone!!

From my experience there's no doubt about the difference. You may be very surprised.

Very promising then!! - Been dispatched already this morning so hoping they may arrive tomorrow.

Going to put a brand new set of flights on when they arrive, I'll know inside a day whether they do the job!!
Sometimes it may happen that Tridents are not sitting tight on points. In that case I recommend using a clear nail polish. Just a thin layer near the nose. Let it dry and then slide the trident on. I only needed to do it once or twice and I have tridents on many sets of darts. Actually, the last time when I had to do it was when the metal trident fell off from the original Winmau Trident point.
(03-11-2019, 06:58 PM)Yelevendarter Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes it may happen that Tridents are not sitting tight on points. In that case I recommend using a clear nail polish. Just a thin layer near the nose. Let it dry and then slide the trident on. I only needed to do it once or twice and I have tridents on many sets of darts. Actually, the last time when I had to do it was when the metal trident fell off from the original Winmau Trident point.

Thanks for your help!! Much appreciated  Smile
Plastic tridents arrived this morning, just had 35 minutes with some heavy grouping and my flights look better than usual.

Lets see what they look like in 3-4 days though!!

[Image: TP2hhVp.jpg]
(03-12-2019, 06:08 PM)Dan180 Wrote: [ -> ]Lets see what they look like in 3-4 days though!!

3-4 days? Make it 3-4 weeks and then say:-)
(03-12-2019, 07:53 PM)elevendarter Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2019, 06:08 PM)Dan180 Wrote: [ -> ]Lets see what they look like in 3-4 days though!!

3-4 days? Make it 3-4 weeks and then say:-)

Haha!! Honestly if you saw how much damage I do!!!
I just got Carerras too, and the pixel grip really chews up flights. But those cosmo 3 wings I got have been holding up very nicely after 2 days.
The ones where you need a wee just as the seatbelt sign comes on.
(03-13-2019, 12:03 PM)codo180 Wrote: [ -> ]I just got Carerras too, and the pixel grip really chews up flights. But those cosmo 3 wings I got have been holding up very nicely after 2 days.

Can you give me some idea on how they affect the balance of the dart front to rear?
Pages: 1 2 3