Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Condor Zero Stress Integrated Flight and Shaft System Review
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsuoF0j58FY

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

These are the Condor Zero Stress integrated stems and flights.  I have used these many times over the years and they have often came with some soft tip darts that I have reviewed but I have never done a proper review on them before until now Smile  

I think I was one of the first if not the first people in the UK to try them quite a few years ago now before any of the UK shops had them.  Back then I got some from a rep who was wanting to bring them into the UK but if I remember rightly they were quite expensive at the time, around £10 or £12.  They are a much more wallet friendly £5.95 now and I think all UK shops stock them so easy to get too.

As with all integrated moulded flights they have the usual advantage of a perfectly 90° wing angle and the flights stay on, although I know some will debate if thats a good or bad thing but when you sometimes struggle to get the flights on or have a bad back to me its a good thing! Smile

The Condor flights are very likely the most flexible of flights, its a super soft plastic but amazingly seems to keep its shape very well and almost seems like a memory plastic as it can bend and then go back into shape, now and then you may need to manipulate it a little but not often.

The flights come in three sizes, small, medium and large (dimension chart below) and various shapes (see pics below) there is also many colours in the plain flight and a vast array of players and patterned flights, way too many to post here so I suggest you check out the Condor site to browse them here: https://www.condor.jp/en/flight/

You can read about the features of the flights here: https://www.condor.jp/en/concept/

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The flights come in a small clam shell packaging and I like that it has all the info on the pack to tell your the size and shape and there is also a warning on the rear which I found rather funny, dont eat them!!!! LOL Smile

[Image: GkgVZ0W.jpg]

[Image: Ba3Jq4I.jpg]

[Image: 0bqunXX.jpg]

[Image: GkUoH2r.jpg]

[Image: Cq3cPjU.jpg]

PICS OF THE FLIGHTs:

[Image: zOq5CBj.jpg]

[Image: dz0Q1pn.jpg]

As you can see they are super bendy:

[Image: GhnlT3v.jpg]

[Image: GaaafqE.jpg]

Standard, Small Standard and Slim:

[Image: 3cjGTPk.jpg]

[Image: DvEwGrE.jpg]

The medium standard compared with an inbetween nylon stem and 100 micron standard flight:

[Image: WXclrKt.jpg]

[Image: Fg8mpdA.jpg]

DIMENSIONS, WEIGHT, SHAPES AND COLOURS:

[Image: spfDsQy.jpg]

Inbetween stem and standard flight compared with Medium standard Condor flight:

[Image: eXTvHBc.jpg]

[Image: v2wKv5h.jpg]

[Image: slCnSUC.jpg]

[Image: bnrbhjb.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

As I have used these many times in the past I am already a fan of them.  I dont know if its the fact they are a bit lighter than my normal set up but I suspect it helps to forward the balance a touch for my front grip.  But I think my darts fly quite smooth with them and the only thing I can think that will put some people off is the really bendy nature of them.  Durability is pretty good though, I have had them last a long while in the past but I have also had some bad contacts that have ripped them but thats the same with any of these systems, sometimes they can last a long time and sometimes they can be damaged in the first few throws.

I like the fact they are easier and cheaper to get now than when I first bought them and there is a huge variety of colours and patterns so got to be something to suit every one in that regard.

Ultimately as with everything like this in darts its up to the individual to try and see if it suits them or not but I definitely recommend trying them at least once, you may be pleasantly surprised. Smile

One of the best lasting flights out there, barely get a knick on them, just wish the shafts were a bit stiffer or they made a version with a stiffer shaft same flight
(10-16-2018, 05:03 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: [ -> ]One of the best lasting flights out there, barely get a knick on them, just wish the shafts were a bit stiffer or they made a version with a stiffer shaft same flight

Ah but if they were stiffer would they last as well?
My teammate believes in them wholeheartedly and while I do have my reservations about all in one systems, it does have merits especially for soft tip. We shall see in the future Smile
(10-16-2018, 05:09 PM)Getagrip Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2018, 05:03 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: [ -> ]One of the best lasting flights out there, barely get a knick on them, just wish the shafts were a bit stiffer or they made a version with a stiffer shaft same flight

I'd like to see lol
Amazing how flexy they are. Them being so light I just wonder how they'd effect my throw? As you say might be worth a try.
The downside of these might be that they are not edible, as stated on the package. So, with that said, I have to wonder if the other flights on the market can be enjoyed while sipping a heavy porter or a glass of wine?
From this review - and Crusher's performance testing - these look interesting.  But like all these systems, you need a lot of stuff if you're into trying different setups.   And who's not around here? lol.  And you always need spares, adding to the investment.

Maybe someday I'll take that leap of faith, but never seems high on my priority list...
Is this darts future? I'm curious and what's going on with these flightstems. Good review Darren.
Nice flights indeed. I bought my first set just to train my follow through without darts... Just tossed the condors all over my bureau at work Smile

Now i use them with some softipsets due their less weight. By my greenpeaceheart is bleeding... Only more then less plastic...
(10-16-2018, 05:12 PM)LethalEagle Wrote: [ -> ]My teammate believes in them wholeheartedly and while I do have my reservations about all in one systems, it does have merits especially for soft tip. We shall see in the future Smile

Worth a try though Smile

(10-16-2018, 05:13 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd like to see lol

Well I am not sure they will make them but who knows?

(10-16-2018, 05:25 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing how flexy they are. Them being so light I just wonder how they'd effect my throw? As you say might be worth a try.
The downside of these might be that they are not edible, as stated on the package. So, with that said, I have to wonder if the other flights on the market can be enjoyed while sipping a heavy porter or a glass of wine?

Yeah super flexy Smile LOL try them with your favorite sauce Tongue

(10-16-2018, 05:28 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]From this review - and Crusher's performance testing - these look interesting.  But like all these systems, you need a lot of stuff if you're into trying different setups.   And who's not around here? lol.  And you always need spares, adding to the investment.

Maybe someday I'll take that leap of faith, but never seems high on my priority list...

Certainly worth a try for sure Smile

(10-16-2018, 07:26 PM)Bloodycut Wrote: [ -> ]Is this darts future? I'm curious and what's going on with these flightstems. Good review Darren.

I am not sure it is the future but a re-working of past ideas really, cheers! Smile

(10-16-2018, 08:01 PM)theblindPew Wrote: [ -> ]Nice flights indeed. I bought my first set just to train my follow through without darts... Just tossed the condors all over my bureau at work Smile

Now i use them with some softipsets due their less weight. By my greenpeaceheart is bleeding... Only more then less plastic...

Nice idea to use them for training, kind of like safety darts for the office lol!
(10-16-2018, 05:12 PM)LethalEagle Wrote: [ -> ]My teammate believes in them wholeheartedly and while I do have my reservations about all in one systems, it does have merits especially for soft tip. We shall see in the future Smile

Worth a try though Smile

(10-16-2018, 05:13 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: [ -> ]

I'd like to see lol

Well I am not sure they will make them but who knows?

(10-16-2018, 05:25 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: [ -> ]Amazing how flexy they are. Them being so light I just wonder how they'd effect my throw? As you say might be worth a try.

Yeah super flexy Smile LOL try them with your favorite sauce Tongue

(10-16-2018, 05:28 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]From this review - and Crusher's performance testing - these look interesting.  But like all these systems, you need a lot of stuff if you're into trying different setups.   And who's not around here? lol.  And you always need spares, adding to the investment.

Certainly worth a try for sure Smile

(10-16-2018, 07:26 PM)Bloodycut Wrote: [ -> ]Is this darts future? I'm curious and what's going on with these flightstems. Good review Darren.

I am not sure it is the future but a re-working of past ideas really, cheers! Smile

(10-16-2018, 08:01 PM)theblindPew Wrote: [ -> ]Nice flights indeed. I bought my first set just to train my follow through without darts... Just tossed the condors all over my bureau at work Smile

Nice idea to use them for training, kind of like safety darts for the office lol!
Interesting little kit it is and seems value for money - three/four months at least of play for £6, has to be worth it. And with all the designs and stuff they have, surely they could do a Dartsnutz design set. Now that would be cool looking.
(10-17-2018, 02:08 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting little kit it is and seems value for money - three/four months at least of play for £6, has to be worth it. And with all the designs and stuff they have, surely they could do a Dartsnutz design set. Now that would be cool looking.

Yeah a Nutz flight would be great! Smile
These are good flights, I sometimes even use them for steel tip darts. They are also the lightest possible set up set up in the world today. Great review again!
(10-17-2018, 04:08 PM)Th3BigFish Wrote: [ -> ]These are good flights, I sometimes even use them for steel tip darts. They are also the lightest possible set up set up in the world today. Great review again!

Thanks mate! Yes they are very light too Smile
Pages: 1 2