Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Winmau Sightright 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've got a question about the Winmau Sightright 2, while i only read great comments about it, i thought about purching one while i just start to dart i better learn my positioning good from the beginning.

But there also lays my fear, and i would like to hear the opiniun from people using it or who used it. What if i start darting with it, and i make it easier for myself finding the center point, and therefor improve my throwing, then what will happen if after a few weeks or months i would dart somewhere where this isn't being used like in competition for example, will you be in disadvantage because you just got used to throw with this sightright and suddenly your missing it? Or will you eventually because of the help from the sightright find the right spot more naturally and you won't need it anymore after a while?

Also does someone maybe has the measurement of the width of the Sightright 2? I couldn't find that anywhere.

Happy to hear all your feedback and opiniuns Smile

And have a nice easter everyone xD

Julek
Ayup Azzuri

My advice is to make your own, cut the back off a cereal box or similar.
Fold in half vertically and black marker pen line in, then fold horizontal like a concertina.
Once you've found your spot make a mental note of where you stand in correlation with the board.
When my throwing arm is fully extended its in line with double six.
Hope this helps.

Shed
it’s a handy tool to begin with to get yourself lined up with the board but I stopped using it after a while.
Buy sightright 3 ... it’s portable and discreet.
I agree with all of the above, i own a sight right 2 and it has increased my accuracy 10 fold. Cool
Thank you everyone so far! Smile

I also only read great things about it, im only lil worried that because of using a line help like that that you get used to it and you will be missing it when you suddenly play darts without it.

Or will after a while because of using it, you don't need it anymore because you find the perfect line yourself?
(04-01-2018, 09:11 PM)Azzurri Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you everyone so far! Smile

I also only read great things about it, im only lil worried that because of using a line help like that that you get used to it and you will be missing it when you suddenly play darts without it.

Or will after a while because of using it, you don't need it anymore because you find the perfect line yourself?

I think once you have used it for a while, and it becomes second nature, you will line yourself up in the correct position at the oche without it
This site may give you what you need.

https://www.instructables.com/id/Darts-Sighting-Aid/
(04-01-2018, 09:49 PM)TJD180 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2018, 09:11 PM)Azzurri Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you everyone so far! Smile

I think once you have used it for a while, and it becomes second nature, you will line yourself up in the correct position at the oche without it

Thank you that's exactly what i wanted to know, i also thought so but was ofcourse not sure, would be terrible if suddenly you dart in competition and you start to panick when you use only 1's because you miss your line lol but i will order one tomorrow i think, defenetly with the version 2 that has the outer lines for the doubles on it i don;t think i can go wrong for that price xD
(04-02-2018, 09:27 PM)richbrou Wrote: [ -> ]This site may give you what you need.

Thank you very much Richbrou! I looked at the link, but in order to make it myself like that i have to drive to a store and buy all things seperate for it, because i normally don't have those things in my basement on storage, so it will cost me eventually the same or more then when i would order it here in netherlands.

But i really appreaciate your thinking along, thank you! Smile
(04-03-2018, 11:39 PM)Azzurri Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2018, 09:27 PM)richbrou Wrote: [ -> ]This site may give you what you need.

Thank you very much Richbrou! I looked at the link, but in order to make it myself like that i have to drive to a store and buy all things seperate for it, because i normally don't have those things in my basement on storage, so it will cost me eventually the same or more then when i would order it here in netherlands.

But i really appreaciate your thinking along, thank you! Smile

Haha i clicked the link saw two pieces of raw wood, and said nope.
Page closed ill just buy one haha
So now there is sightright2 .... does that mean sightright1 was wrong.
(05-28-2018, 05:36 PM)Cooper84 Wrote: [ -> ]So now there is sightright2 .... does that mean sightright1 was wrong.

Looks like they added sightlines for Double 16 and Double 10. 

Question for anybody that has one: 

I was thinking about trying to build a homemade version first because i have spare plywood in the garage, but do you happen to have the measurements for the Double 16 and Double 10? 

I can make the first version but I was curious to see if the 16 and 10 sightlines help any. 

At the very least, where exactly does the Double 16 and 10 marks line up toward? The center of Double 16 and 10?

Btw, sorry for any confusion. I'm new to the forum but have been throwing for some time now in a dart league, I'm  just looking to get better on a budget bc of college haha
60cm x 23.5cm x 3cm