Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: BDO EGM called
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Seems the vote of no confidence/takeover by the Jacklins is happening for 1st April - unfortunate coincidence with the date lol, although I can't see them doing a worse job than the current board of directors have done

[Image: 0WqAGOb.jpg]
I'm very new to darts (I saw the premier league live in cardiff back in 2015, but have only seriously followed the PDC and the BDO since Christmas last year) but to my limited exposure this seems like a good move. The BDO needs to re invent itself, watching the worlds at lakeside it really did just seem like a second (or perhaps even third) rate PDC. If I were in charge I'd try and push the aspects of it that make it differ from the PDC, a bit more promotion of the womens stuff and perhaps a bit more focus on the players nationalities rather than the individual characters.

I think there's appeal in a more traditional competition like BDO, but it seems to be awkwardly stuck between being traditional and trying to be the PDC. Perhaps it should look to stay on the traditional route and properly embrace being the second tier competition of the PDC and have an amalgamation of some kind (which to my limited understanding seems unlikely given the rift).
I think it may be to late.hearn has made the pdc into a monster and it's getting bigger.Bdo I don't think will ever compete now pdc is going full on Germany,America, and more.
Any chance that the meeting will be live streamed? I wonder what the octagon looks like  Big Grin Big Grin
The BDO shouldn't be in competition with the PDC. There's a place for an elite, professional organisation (clearly PDC) and a grass-roots amateur organisation which is where the BDO has to position itself.

There's only a place in the PDC when you at able to score at 90+ but how do people get to that standard if there are no lower standard leagues to work up through? This is where amateur darts comes in, and if that means the BDO then they need to be on the right page.

I would love to see the PDC and BDO in a relationship that recognises their relative positions. Which means an end to the BDO contracting players to their organisation (see Glen Durrant for details) and an end to the PDC sniping about BDO players which, to be fair, comes more from individuals (Bristow, Taylor, MvG) rather than the organisation itself.
(02-21-2018, 01:30 AM)Banz Wrote: [ -> ]The BDO shouldn't be in competition with the PDC. There's a place for an elite, professional organisation (clearly PDC) and a grass-roots amateur organisation which is where the BDO has to position itself.

There's only a place in the PDC when you at able to score at 90+ but how do people get to that standard if there are no lower standard leagues to work up through? This is where amateur darts comes in, and if that means the BDO then they need to be on the right page.

I would love to see the PDC and BDO in a relationship that recognises their relative positions. Which means an end to the BDO contracting players to their organisation (see Glen Durrant for details) and an end to the PDC sniping about BDO players which, to be fair, comes more from individuals (Bristow, Taylor, MvG) rather than the organisation itself.

Not sure the bdo should be used as the "lower league". The challenge and development tour seem to do a pretty good job at that within the PDC circuit.

In my eyes the BDO is becoming less and less relevant and I think it won't last for another 10 years unless something drastically changes (no clue what though).
Hope the BDO gets sorted . I for one enjoy watching . Lakeside this year was very entertaining.
I’m not an “us verses them” person . I enjoy both the BDO & PDC.
(02-21-2018, 01:30 AM)Banz Wrote: [ -> ]The BDO shouldn't be in competition with the PDC.  There's a place for an elite, professional organisation (clearly PDC) and a grass-roots amateur organisation which is where the BDO has to position itself.

There's only a place in the PDC when you at able to score at 90+ but how do people get to that standard if there are no lower standard leagues to work up through?  This is where amateur darts comes in, and if that means the BDO then they need to be on the right page.

I would love to see the PDC and BDO in a relationship that recognises their relative positions.  Which means an end to the BDO contracting players to their organisation (see Glen Durrant for details) and an end to the PDC sniping about BDO players which, to be fair, comes more from individuals (Bristow, Taylor, MvG) rather than the organisation itself.

As mentioned above I'm fairly new to all this but in my brief viewing of both I think this makes the most sense if the BDO is to survive into the future. If it were branded as a mix of up and comers and old heads reserve grade, whilst maintained as the womens premier competition it could draw good crowds, would stop a lot of the petty squabbles and ultimately be good for darts as a whole.
Are the Jacklins mentioned in a post the same family as the lady player that wanted more money but didn't progress past the 1st round? being involved with other organizations other than darts I 've seen the same thing happen a lot of members don't want to take any part in the running relying on others but more often than not moaning about the organization the "officials" then get delusions of power & want to do as they think it should be run rather than being run for the best
(02-21-2018, 05:14 PM)Little al Wrote: [ -> ]Are the Jacklins mentioned in a post the same family as the lady player that wanted more money but didn't progress past the 1st round? being involved with other organizations other than darts I 've seen the same thing happen a lot of members don't want to take any part in the running relying on others but more often than not moaning about the organization the "officials"  then get delusions of power &  want to do as they think it should be run rather than being run for the best

Ayup LA

The Jacklins are known in the BDO, as the Lincolnshire Mafia!

Shed
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6