Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: harrow boards any info please.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello dartnuts, I've noticed that there's really no information on here about harrow boards are they really that bad? Does anybody use/ used one. Thanks for any info.
Thought to see a review here.

Not lately, used some year ago a Harrows board with the fat wires
Sorry if this is in a the wrong section. Thanks for the reply.
The 'Pro-Match Play' is pretty much a Blade4 from what I can gather.
I don't think they are 'bad' at all, for me it boils down to easy availability, I can buy a B4 locally. I'd have to pay postage on a Harrows and the Harrows is more expensive already without the postage.
Thanks fire, yeah noticed myself that they seem more expensive was wondering if it was worth taking a chance on buying. I've only ever used winmau boards from cheapest to b4. Just feel like a change.
Same as the Target Pro Tours - they rarely get a mention either when people ask for board recommendations
(03-05-2016, 12:14 PM)gram70 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks fire, yeah noticed myself that they seem more expensive was wondering  if it was worth taking a chance on buying. I've only ever used winmau boards from cheapest to b4. Just feel like a change.

If you look on Darts Corner there are a few reviews of it there, I don't remember reading much negative although apparently it's a bit softer than a B4, which might be a good or bad thing depending on what darts you throw, points you use and how hard you throw.
I'm using a (checks signature) Harrows Pro Matchplay and I have no complaints.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person on here regarding boards but it seems accurately and solidly built. Spider is holding up well and the sisal isn't doing too badly considering I didn't rotate enough in the early days. I do find I get some fall outs if I throw a bit more softly than usual.
Thanks fire and banz for your Info. I've got a soft throw and lobe action too. My main dart is a 24g McCoys smooth copper. Also use amberjack 14 occasionaly. Might take a chance and go for a harrow.
I threw on one a few weeks back (cant remember what type of Harrows board) when playing in a teams event and thought it was a pretty good board (only played two legs)....it was/is very new so will be interesting to see how it holds up.
I have a 'pro matchplay' harrow dartboard. Its very hard and will spit some lighter darts out. So u will need to scuff ur points. Also the bull's ring is slowly coming out and I have to hammer it in now and again. I also have a blade 5 DC. I will not buy the harrow pro matchplay if given the choice.
We used to use the Harrows Pro Matchplay dartboards at our venue and they were fine. They were available for a great price on DC if you bought more than one. I think they were for 18.60 while one cost about 26. Now they're not that cheap in bulk and the difference compared to others isn't that high. I'd go for B5 these days just out of curiosity but I wouldn't be afraid of the Pro Matchplay either. They were very similar to B4. I think I have pic...

This is the only Harrows dartboard worth mentioning though. Keep away from the rounded wire ones. I also had the Eric Bristow Apex Wire dartboard with triangular (apex) wires and it wasn't that bad either. Still a bit dangerous when you hit the wire. Someone may say that the apex wires were even more dangerous once they got warped. I wouldn't go for anything else than blade dartboards these days...blade as a kind of wires... This pro matchplay board has blade wires...

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
One picture more..

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
As you wish, I can upload pictures of the new Harrows Pro Matchplay. I have some. I did as I bought. I can also upload pictures much used after 2 months.
Pages: 1 2