Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: DIY SURROUND LIGHT BOARD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi there i recently made my own led Light surround and i wanted to share some pictures. The surround is made of hardboard box material. I bought a ledstrip from local shop and put i in the surround. Did a little paintjob. Ready to go.
More pics
[attachment=7015]
(01-31-2016, 11:54 PM)Kevin Deckers Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there i recently made my own led Light surround and i wanted to share some pictures. The surround is made of hardboard box material. I bought a ledstrip from local shop and put i in the surround. Did a little paintjob. Ready to go. 

That looks absolutely smashing! Great job! Smile
Yeah thanks. It's the first so i'm open for any suggestions or/and adapts
Great job Kevin, certainly given me and probably a few others idea's. What sort of cost was the LED strip?
Nice!! Can you explain what "hardboard box material" is ? And build details?

Thanks,

Pat
Now that's amazing! Holy cow! DIY post of the year! And it's only January!
(02-01-2016, 12:07 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: [ -> ]Great job Kevin, certainly given me and probably a few others idea's. What sort of cost was the LED strip?

About 15€ thats 11,5 pounds.
[attachment=7011]
Excellent job Kevin, very neat! +1 Smile
i've got rolls of led strips just waiting for a place where i need a surround, but for the time being, my rooms lit pretty nice
Very neat idea, trying to figure out from the photo's how the surround was constructed , was it cut out from a block of this material..? do you have it fixed to wall or on a portable stand.? I think it would be ideal for a portable stand , no need to mount lights anywhere as you have your own on the board.
(02-01-2016, 12:14 AM)repat Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!! Can you explain what "hardboard box material" is ? And build details?

Thanks,

Pat

Hardboard like they use on the back of a closet. It's called Unalit. 
For putting it together i used wood glue. 

Day 1  i put my dartboard on the floor with the surround on it. Made a strip of 150mm wide and 2,5m long. I put some glue on the beginning or end about 200mm long. Then made it around the surround so it fits not to firmly. Put some plastic wrap around it so it stays together. Let i rest for a day. 
Day 2  make a ring. You can use a knife or something to cut it. Or maybe electric saw. I used a machine at my work.  Tongue put the ring on the floor. Take the cilinder you made yesterday put glue al on top. Flip it around and put it on the ring. Press a little bit and let it rest for a day. 
Day 3 spray it all in the color you want. Maybe use white on the inside or something light. I used wat i had. And thats black. Take the ledstrip and put it in the ring where the surround meets. Drill a hole in the surround you made for cable entry. Done.!
(02-01-2016, 09:58 AM)Getagrip Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent job Kevin, very neat! +1 Smile

My first +1  Angel Big Grin i'm a happy man
(02-01-2016, 11:49 AM)Kevin Deckers Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-01-2016, 10:48 AM)Big Red One Wrote: [ -> ]Very neat idea, trying to figure out from the photo's how the surround was constructed , was it cut out from a block of this material..? do you have it fixed to wall or on a portable stand.? I think it would be ideal for a portable stand , no need to mount lights anywhere as you have your own on the board.
Here some pictures hope they help 

Yes thanks, I can see how you constructed it now..good job .. Wink
very nice work sir, something im sure lots will be trying.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5