Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Unicorn Unitool (Re-Pointer)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did this review for another site a while ago and it seemed to be well received, as I don't go on that site anymore I thought I would bring the review with me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have had it about 12 months and have re-pointed 30+ sets of darts with it and still good as new (aside from the packaging Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )

The tool in its foam packaging (ideal for holding the points as you can see) and the victim, a lovely 23g custom made dart:
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So the dart is placed into the rivet gun type hole at the top of the tool.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And with a quick sqeeze (very easy) the point is pulled from the dart.

Posted this picture to show the small scuffs that are left on old points, and one of the hands of graft, 20+ years of grappling dogs and bending steel has resulted in the far from manicured look.... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

So next the new point is lined up with the hole in the barrel and aligned into the small cup on the handle of the tool, the threaded attatchment is screwed into the base of the barrel.

With a few turns (is quite stiff the first few goes but becomes very easy after a few sets) the point is pushed into the barrel. Again, after repointing a couple of sets its quite easy to be able to tell when the point is in all the way erradicating the chances of squashing a point by forcing it in too far.

Finally the repointed dart, which incidentally are available for swap 8-)

I was tempted with the Trulon machine but took the gamble and chose the Unitool (£34.99 from eBay) and after initial little problems like the threads being quite stiff and over doing the force and squashing a couple of points, I can repoint a set in a couple of minutes easily. As you can also see it does leave 3 or 4 small scuffs on old points but for me, they are being changed as the are knackered anyway so the marks make no difference. Also the nicks make great board grips if you prefer.

Cheers,
Greg
Since originally posting this review I had an issue with the repointer squashing points.

Upon contacting Unicorn direct they suggested that the anvil would need replacing.

They sent me the refurb kit free of charge and within 5mins I had changed the anvil part and the toll is once again as good as new - and is now 2 years old!!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
LOVE THE UNITOOL TOO GREG!!!! GREAT REVIEW!!!!!