Darts Nutz Darts Forum

Full Version: Mega Rare - News of World find.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Very very nice find...I love seeing things like this found and cherished by people who have a real appreciation for them....good show!
Thanks gents Smile
(04-11-2015, 12:45 PM)stuart180 Wrote: [ -> ]All cleaned up-

Ayup Stuart

Great find and thanks for sharing, thats a great piece of darting history.

Shed
Thanks Shed.

I've emailed Patrick Chaplin this morning and asked if he'd be kind enough to check out this thread.
Hopefully he something interesting he can share with us.

Cheers.
We'll see if Mr Chaplin has some thing to say.... Nice one.
Wow, just wow. This is one of the best old darts things I have seen and there are quite a lot on this forum. Unbelievable find Stu and credit to you for rescuing and restoring it
Good find! I watch Pawn Stars and Hardcore Pawn and learned that in some collectible items - cleaning it would tend to lose its value. But I guess you are keeping those for your personal collection. Yes they are really a treasure to keep.
You wouldn't believe how many times I keep coming back to this thread to have a look. And that's saying a lot because I'm the absolute furthest thing from a collector you could imagine. Butthis is one of the coolest threads I've ever seen on Dartsnutz in the last 2 years. What a beautiful piece of darting history you have there.
Would be nice if we could get in contact with the family of the winner Smile
(04-13-2015, 05:52 PM)Getagrip Wrote: [ -> ]Would be nice if we could get in contact with the family of the winner Smile

Than they might want the thing back LOL
(04-13-2015, 05:57 PM)Cyanide Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2015, 05:52 PM)Getagrip Wrote: [ -> ]Would be nice if we could get in contact with the family of the winner Smile

Than they might want the thing back LOL

lol possibly but they must have given it away at some point, may be he died without anyone to leave it too which would be sad Sad
Thanks gents. I knew you guys would enjoy seeing it.
It's without a doubt the coolest thing I've ever found in all my years collecting.

As for cleaning it, i honestly think silver is fine to clean as your only removing tarnish and dirt.
I did have the same dilemma with my northwood brass darts... they were oxidising badly so it was either clean them to save them or risk them be permanently damaged.

People tend to clean silver and keep it polished in general so i think its ok.
I think the problem occurs when the only way to authenticate something is by the look of it.
Silver is date stamped so there shouldn't be a problem there.

Need to do some real digging to find out some more on the guy. Need to get hold of 'Shafted', he's probably got the score sheets! Guys an authority on news of the word history
I found this old article by Patrick.
Interesting stuff - https://www.patrickchaplin.com/Dartstrophy.htm

Here's Patrick with Jim Pike's trophy from the following year from mine.

[Image: Jim_pike_cup.jpg]
Nice trophy mate, where did you find it ?
Pretty amazing to have Jim Pikes trophy! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5