Create an Account
x

Username:

Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Taylor vs Winstanley -missed Double 12 -Cheating?
07-02-2013, 01:09 PM
RE: Taylor vs Winstanley -missed Double 12 -Cheating?
I'd love to see the video of it but I can't see that match (or at least that shot) ever being uploaded to the pdc.tv archives, and if anyone uploads it to youtube I would guess the pdc would have it removed pretty quick
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2013, 01:12 PM
Here's a quick question...

If replays show that Taylor DID cheat, how would you like to see him punished? ...... A fine? A ban? Both? Or maybe the stocks......Perhaps three free punches from Winstanley or kneed in the nuts?

[Image: Bigshow2.png]
[Image: WCWx3_zps22721675.png]
07-02-2013, 01:15 PM
(07-02-2013 12:37 PM)Bigshow Wrote:  This situation could happen easily imho.

How many of us have thought we've hit the double, walked up and saw that it wasn't in. If a referee calls it then you wouldn't doubt him...would you? When Taylor went to retrieve his darts he may have engaged in conversation with Russ and therefore his attention could have been diverted from his darts to the referee.

I haven't saw it myself but if there is any player on the planet that doesn't need to cheat then it's Taylor. I'll maintain a stance of innocent till proven guilty.

Exactly what I was thinking, I went back and watched some of Taylors matches and you can see he rarely looks at his darts when pulling them, especially after a checkout.

[Image: USMC.png]
07-02-2013, 01:18 PM
In my opinion he hasn't cheated as it wasn't raised at the time of the incident so like it or not he hasn't broke any rules. I put the blame with Russ Bray as he is there to call and referee the game. Yes mistakes can happen but even so I would like his bare arse slapped with a well worn flip-flop!! Assclown

[Image: a7f10950-808f-40ec-8c8e-50e260830161_zpsd4b1952f.jpg]
07-02-2013, 01:20 PM
(07-02-2013 01:18 PM)hamo Wrote:  In my opinion he hasn't cheated as it wasn't raised at the time of the incident so like it or not he hasn't broke any rules. I put the blame with Russ Bray as he is there to call and referee the game. Yes mistakes can happen but even so I would like his bare arse slapped with a well worn flip-flop!! Assclown

Well said, there will always be mistakes made by refs. It happens in every sport. Some are more significant then others

[Image: USMC.png]
07-03-2013, 09:46 AM
The ref should be reprimanded, fined or suspended, just like in other sports, when they make a gross error. If Dean Wistanley knew it was out when it happened, he should've addressed it to the ref right there and then. Also, it's hard for Phil Taylor to not see that it was a miss and should've informed the referee as well, so it's difficult for me to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Darts: Target Silica Apollo 22g
Dart Board: Winmau Blade 4

180s: 12 total

My Darts
07-03-2013, 10:23 AM
(07-02-2013 01:12 PM)Bigshow Wrote:  Here's a quick question...

If replays show that Taylor DID cheat, how would you like to see him punished? ...... A fine? A ban? Both? Or maybe the stocks......Perhaps three free punches from Winstanley or kneed in the nuts?

LOL!

the three punches may be fun Big Grin

I cant see how its possible to prove he cheated, he walks up to the board and takes his darts out, may not have even been looking at where they were stuck in. Lets say he knew it was not in, its still impossible to say, only Taylor knows.

So if he knows it was not in, then he is cheating, if he does not know then he is not, it cant be proved either way.

If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Check out our Darts Reviews on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:

Flickr Album

[Image: getagrip-3.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2013, 10:28 AM
Well the archive footage is still not available at PDC.tv so, with the fact no one caught a screen grab or uploaded to Youtube, it looks like the PDC statement, and in the words of Paul Nicholson - the most controversial incident since Sugar Ray Taylor vs Rocky van Barneveld has been put to bed.

[Image: rebelt10.png]
07-03-2013, 10:54 AM
(07-03-2013 10:23 AM)Getagrip Wrote:  So if he knows it was not in, then he is cheating, if he does not know then he is not, it cant be proved either way.

No matter wether he knew it was in or not, he did not break any rules... immoral or unsportsman like YES but cheating NO....Gameshot was called by the referree and the darts were retrieved from the board without a grievance being raised at the time so no rules have been broken.

Again in my opinion the blame lies with the officials, in this case Russ Bray.

[Image: a7f10950-808f-40ec-8c8e-50e260830161_zpsd4b1952f.jpg]
07-03-2013, 01:53 PM
I agree with Hamo

If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:

Flickr Album

07-03-2013, 03:38 PM
I disagree to be honest. to accept a call that is not in may not be against the rules, but is still cheating. Go back to last year's UK Open, Taylor v Jenkins Taylor takes out 125 Bull 25 Bull, the angle of the darts made it a difficult one to call (it was in though). Ref called it in, Taylor retrieved his darts then said in an interview live on camera "that last dart wasn't in the bull but I'll take it.

Now the fact that he said that just shows that he is willing to accept the call of the ref even if the shot is not legitimate, which in my book is immoral and cheating, as he should correct it.

I am a big fan of Taylor but regardless of his 16 world titles, he is not bigger than the sport and is under the microscope more than anybody. I honestly do think that he is capable of what is being accused by many people, and by that I mean that it is more than possible that he knew the darts were not in, but as they were called in he thought, well what the hell, I am ahead anyway, what's the worst that can happen.

As I have said elsewhere, at the top of the game it is different and there is a lot of arrogance and a massive winning mentality, the likes of which none of us will ever experience. Does Tiger Woods need to cheat - no, did he at the Masters - Yes. Did Maradonna need to cheat - no, did he - yes - on camera yet he denied it for years. It happens!

[Image: dd180.png]
07-03-2013, 03:48 PM
But that only applies if he knew it was not in, and I have not seen the footage but even if I did I still wont know that he knew it was not in.

My darts collection:

Flickr Album

07-03-2013, 03:49 PM
He Cheated IMO. He one of me fav's but he knew when he pulled the dart.
07-03-2013, 03:50 PM
We will never know for sure, only he will but if Winstanley knew from over 7 feet away as us supposedly the case then surely the great man himself knew?

[Image: dd180.png]
07-03-2013, 03:53 PM
(07-03-2013 03:50 PM)dannyd180 Wrote:  We will never know for sure, only he will but if Winstanley knew from over 7 feet away as us supposedly the case then surely the great man himself knew?

If Winstanley knew then yes, I guess you would expect Taylor did, but he still should have said "OI Taylor, NO!!!"

My darts collection:

Flickr Album

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Contact Us   Darts Nutz Darts Forum   Return to Top   Return to Content   Lite (Archive) Mode   RSS Syndication