x

Username:

Password:

or Register

Lost Password?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Phil Taylor Moving to Target
05-14-2013, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013 06:39 PM by Getagrip.)
Phil Taylor Moving to Target
Its a definite, I have reliable info that he will be moving to Target darts early 2014.

I wonder why though, he must have made a lot of money from Unicorn and they from him?

If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Check out our Darts Reviews on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:

Flickr Album

[Image: getagrip-3_zps341e9c89.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2013, 02:24 PM
RE: Taylor Moving to Target
I would say he is moving because he knows his days are numbered and one last bumper signing on fee will give his bank balance a big boost.

[Image: Bigshow2.png]
[Image: WCWx3_zps22721675.png]
Find all posts by this user
05-14-2013, 02:28 PM
possibly but he must have plenty of money now so seems greedy if thats the only reason. But I wonder if he will still get royalties from Unicorn even if he is signed with Target?

If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:

Flickr Album

05-14-2013, 02:32 PM
Who is your source Darren? I was going to text Tony O'Shea to ask him for the inside gossip but didn't want to put him on the spot!

Good scalp for Target, but I can see that Unicorn will be totally pissed off at this one, and like I said yesterday, they will have to drop dozens of product lines.

Without a doubt Target make far better products than Unicorn, but he has had so much success, especially with his Phase 5 darts, and Unicorn really protect their designs, so what darts is he likely to use at Target?

At least we know that he will not be retiring after the 2014 World Championships and no doubt his contract is for 3 years at least.

[Image: Sig_zps75f59144.png]
05-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Because Unicorn blows IMO

[Image: USMC.png]
05-14-2013, 02:34 PM
(05-14-2013 02:28 PM)Getagrip Wrote:  possibly but he must have plenty of money now so seems greedy if thats the only reason. But I wonder if he will still get royalties from Unicorn even if he is signed with Target?

I can't see them still selling his stuff if he leaves and if they do it will have to be at knock down prices as he won't be affiliated to them and they will no longer make his darts.

Bad times for Unicorn!

05-14-2013, 02:36 PM
People say that Taylor was the first man to make a million from playing darts. Considering how much he charges for exhibitions I'd be surprised if he's not worth 10 million. That being said, it would always be difficult to refuse another big cheque. No doubt him and his agent have thought this through thoroughly and decided how they can best make more cash.

[Image: Bigshow2.png]
[Image: WCWx3_zps22721675.png]
05-14-2013, 02:37 PM
I cant reveal the source but it is almost as good as from the man himself.

I dont think Unicorn make bad darts as such but I do think to get their best darts you have to pay the premium prices, but I think they are such a large company with such a large range that they may have lost some of the quality and innovation they once had. But I do like Targets designs and ideas of recent years and I think for me they are more often than not very good quality.

My darts collection:

Flickr Album

05-14-2013, 02:44 PM
(05-14-2013 02:37 PM)Getagrip Wrote:  I cant reveal the source but it is almost as good as from the man himself.

I dont think Unicorn make bad darts as such but I do think to get their best darts you have to pay the premium prices, but I think they are such a large company with such a large range that they may have lost some of the quality and innovation they once had. But I do like Targets designs and ideas of recent years and I think for me they are more often than not very good quality.
The thing is (as I understand it anyway), Unicorn have invested serious £££ in the use of the Uniboffin and all that comes with it to develop darts for Taylor to help him to get to where he is today.

The best darts that he has ever used without any doubt whatsoever are the Phase 5s. He dabbles with others but generally goes back, so what is the benefit in moving on. I don't doubt that Target can come up with new darts for him, but from an innovation point of view, I don't see that he needs it. In my opinion it can only be money orientated.

Good luck to all involved, as if I was in the business of making darts, and associated accessories, the man I would wnat in my stable is the Power, great move by Target. I wonder if he will use the bullet shaped Carreras (he does like a grippy dart), or if it will be the bullet shaped perfect storm??

05-14-2013, 02:46 PM
I understand what your saying, I guess one last big paycheck may be the only reason.

Now does that mean Unicorn will go for MVG?

My darts collection:

Flickr Album

05-14-2013, 02:51 PM
imo he might like the new target grips and darts and want to change his dart set up again

McCoy Sniper 24g long Condor Flights Trident 180s silver
05-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Surely they have to! I know they have Barney, Anderson and Wade but none of them have the 'draw' that Taylor does. MVG would be great for them but the only problem I see is that the owner of Masterdarts is MVGs manager so it might be a difficult one.

I just wonder if Taylor's contract is expiring and they had just assumed that he would either retire, or that renewal would be automatic on his part.

I would also assume that his constant tweaks must really annoy the designers and the tooling might not be that cheap. Being the Diva that we are often led to believe he is, he might have copped the hump if he has not been receiving the prompt attention that he expects and he has decided to go elsewhere! All assumptions of course!!!

05-14-2013, 02:56 PM
all i can say is give me the clearance phase 5s

McCoy Sniper 24g long Condor Flights Trident 180s silver
05-14-2013, 02:58 PM
guess we wont know the reason until nearer the time or maybe we wont ever know the full reasons

My darts collection:

Flickr Album

05-14-2013, 03:12 PM
i dont think its for the money maybe he thinks target can produce a new better designed dart and whos to say them darts dont already exist hehe also i think as well as on the oche and the overused sky quote of THE CHANGING OF THE GUARD in darts i think this is part of that and for me you will see van gerwen at unicorn in the near future glad i bought my perfectstorm 3 when i did what price will they be in fourteen months time lol

[Image: nCX6gbi.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Contact Us   Darts Nutz Darts Forum   Return to Top   Return to Content   Lite (Archive) Mode   RSS Syndication