Recent Success
So I've been playing darts for about 2 months now. I recently joined here and have been reading some of the posts, I have found a lot of helpful stuff especially with my rhythm (from the "How to hit your first 180 in darts" thread here). I also bought
Darts Beginning to End: American, Soft Tip & Steel Tip this past weekend.

Since Monday I have gotten my first Robinhood:
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Second Robinhood
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

3rd and 4th Robinhoods which I didn't even bother to take pictures of because it's old hat now.

And finally my 1st 180

Due to all of the Robinhoods I'm waiting for new flights and stems to come in and had to switch to some other ones this morning. So I was very surprised to hit this.

Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
(07-12-2018, 04:06 PM)jwiere03 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
That max is nice shot!  Especially on a round wire board!  Good one!
(07-12-2018, 04:10 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterThank you. We get quite a few bounces outs off the of t20 wire, would be nice to get something with thinner wires.
Great darts mate, nice 180 !  Cool

Yeah, 'robin hoods' are a sign that your grouping is starting to come together nicely !  Not bad after only 2 months of playing   Smile

Match Darts : MvG 23g Masterdarts  /  Dartboard : Bulls Advantage 3
(07-12-2018, 10:43 PM)jwiere03 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Do yourself a big favor and buy a new board. Until recently I was using an old board like yours. I would say that my bounce out percent with the old board was probably around 7-9 percent if not more. Since buying a Blade 5 bounce outs are way under 1 percent. You will find the difference to be amazing.

Nice 180 BTW.
Liberal heathen
Nice throws buddy. Stapled boards, MEH, not so good though. If you were close to me I'd give you an old board I have that's in better shape than the stapled job you guys are using.
Our supervisor bought that board about 2 months ago. I might have to bite the bullet and buy a new one for the office since I am definitely taking to darts more than anyone else there. Several of us enjoy playing but only I'm that serious.
(07-13-2018, 03:23 AM)jwiere03 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
A board at the office is pretty neat, but what you really want (need), is a board at home.  Once the bug bites, nothing else will do.  Tongue
That's great! I just hit my third-ever robin hood a few minutes ago, I've been throwing for about two months myself - wish I could claim a 180, best I can offer up is 2x double bull and 2x T20. That third dart keeps eluding me!

My dart buddy and I just put up a board at work too, he ponied up a couple of sets of mid-range brass darts even though I warned him not too. One week and six broken shafts later he bought some cheapo pub darts.
(07-13-2018, 04:07 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterI bought a cheap soft tip board right after I started playing and found a used bristle board too. I just don't get much of a chance to play at home. Eventually I'm going to setup a nicer dart area at home.

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk