118th U.S.G.A. Open, Shinnecock Hills
U.S. Open kicks off today at Shinnecock Hills in New York.

Will this be the one where Mickelson completes his career grand slam?  Tiger be a factor?  Or, will the young studs of the game continue their run?

My personal feeling is Justin Rose may make a good go of it and appears to be under the radar as well.

Great track with a great field, should be a good one.  Enjoy the golf those who give it a watch. Smile

[Image: 2018-US-OPEN_LOGO.jpg]
Woods hasn't been a factor in a while and hasn't really put together 4 straight days of good enough golf to win a tournament. I'd like to see Phil take this one as a sentimental favorite, but I feel he's going to fall short and it will be won by one of the young guns now on tour.

I'll be in and out today with things to do, but will try to catch as much of it over the weekend as I can, but Sunday is Father's Day and I'll have stuff to do with grilling and getting food ready for our afternoon meal. I've got a good bit of okra and Yard Long beans that I plan to grill along with various forms of meat to appease my carnivorous side. Of course the obligatory Bloody Mary's will be in the offering too.

Edited to add this: Yeah, he placed second a week ago, but the last time he finished that high, he had a 5+ year hiatus from winning a major, so I'm not counting on a great showing.
Featured group are playing like dogs at the moment. Mcilroy stick handling on the greens, Spieth with a blow up triple on his 2nd hole and Phil is bit erratic. Three holes in and they need to right the ship soon methinks.
Leaderboard link Here Smile
Shinnecock is brutal in a wind like today's. If it blows all four days over par will win it.
Liberal heathen
(06-14-2018, 02:56 PM)cubdog Wrote: Shinnecock is brutal in a wind like today's. If it blows all four days over par will win it.

They mentioned just a short time ago that today should be the most severe wind wise.  Personally I'd like to see the wind up a bit every day.
(06-14-2018, 02:58 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 02:56 PM)cubdog Wrote: Shinnecock is brutal in a wind like today's. If it blows all four days over par will win it.

They mentioned just a short time ago that today should be the most severe wind wise.  Personally I'd like to see the wind up a bit every day.

Historically high winds favoured the Europeans. Not sure if that is still a valid statement.
Match Darts =Harrows Wayne Mardle Hawaii 501's  ® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

2 guys finished under par so far, think there's some cursing oing on in the locker room ?
I'm almost to the point of watching this with the sound off because of the idiots who feel it's appropriate to yell "GET IN THE HOLE" when a player drives off a tee on a 440 yard par 4 hole. Yeah, that's going to happen!!!

Then there's someone in the crowd of the first tee that sounds like they are at a hog calling contest every time they announce a player getting ready to start their round.
I have the sound off lol