Winmau diamond sharpener
EHaving a lot of bounce out was thinking about trying one of these? Any experiences?
It does what it is supposed to do. Not more to say about it.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Ok ta
A flat diamond knife sharpener with roughness 400 and a piece of hard plastic is what I use when I want superb grip. I lay the shapener flat on the table, grid up, then the tip if the dart on top and use the hard plastic to roll the tip over the sharpener under a lot of pressure.. The grip that leaves is outstanding, about twice as much as nanogrip has.
You'll pull the sisal out of your board.
Way cheaper, smaller to bring and easyer to use is linnen sandpaper of a fine grid. Squeeze the tip between it with your fingers and turn the dart with your other hand.
If you have a nail file/ emery board/ piece of sand paper you can use that, all you want to do is scuff the side of the point, you dont want to make the point like then end of a pencil all that does is make the point go deeper and hit the back of the board producing bounce outs, you want to scuff the side of the point which will give it burr's that grab the sisal
(06-13-2018, 10:17 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Very sharp points don't cause bounce outs because they hit the backing, but because they dig into the wires instead of rolling off them. I doubt that even throwing a dart as hard as you can you would reach the backing and even if you did there wouldn't be enough energy left for the dart to reverse course and bounce out.
Scuffing is all I do. I use emery cloth, the type like a plumber uses to clean copper pipe for soldering.
(06-14-2018, 04:06 AM)bkbum Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterSure they can a board is 38-40mm not sure how thick the wood backing is but can still go all the way to it, you dont have to throw 90mph on a soft board like a Blade 5 for it to happen
They do what they say, but if you want one then try ebay as they are half the price on there - or even cheaper if you don't mind waiting a few weeks to get one from China/Hong Kong

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_osaca...r&_sacat=0
(06-14-2018, 05:28 AM)Crusher17 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I concede that it possible to reach the backing, but not that the dart will bounce out if you do.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Diamond Pro points Zaza 9 652 08-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Zaza
  Will Target Diamond points fit my dart? glace 2 608 01-18-2017, 11:23 AM
Last Post: MadHouse Darts
  Target Diamond Pro Points AD18 6 1,148 01-27-2016, 05:32 PM
Last Post: AD18