Shot Tribal Weapon 3 26g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CngNYnSFs5E

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

Thanks to Shot Darts for sending these for review. This is the third version of the Tribal Weapon darts and they have the same copper titanium nitride coating as before and same grip styling only this is a scalloped centre weighted design. They are 90% tungste and this is the 26g version, there is also a 22g and 24g and a soft tip version in 18g and 20g. They retail for £76.95.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slightly slimmer newer style pack than before and have a foam insert holding the contents. All info is on the front and rear of the pack and the darts are supplied with inbetween Eagle Claw stems and standard shape 100 micron flights:

[Image: 0JhjrN5.jpg]

[Image: GDHOWgB.jpg]

PICS OF THE DARTS:

[Image: ytggFGj.jpg]

[Image: ZhGvM9Q.jpg]

[Image: vnM8mot.jpg]

[Image: 1blM1v6.jpg]

[Image: M79r1Nb.jpg]

[Image: RPNV7Zn.jpg]

[Image: 1aE91ys.jpg]

[Image: 5dLjR5l.jpg]

[Image: tZlIboc.jpg]

[Image: rRduN3P.jpg]

[Image: TTyTUP1.jpg]

[Image: iSxWPk8.jpg]

[Image: 3ghrmsF.jpg]

[Image: KauNiBQ.jpg]

[Image: 3OOqrpZ.jpg]

[Image: WNMV6Vw.jpg]

Not really sure what kind of shape you call these its quite symmetrical with a front and rear taper and a scallop section in the middle. The front and rear have the same grippy pyramidal ring grip as before with some lateral grooves cut through it and the scalloped middle is a kind of double ring grip with the second ring angled like a shark grip. the front and rear taper are high level grip and the centre is high medium.

DIMENSIONS:

[Image: UUq8bis.jpg]

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were an exact match and the third just three hundredths of a gram heavier:

[Image: uEF9VLQ.jpg]

[Image: SprPZ7j.jpg]

[Image: eR1jJIv.jpg]

Weight of full setup as supplied:

[Image: Dg0f7yM.jpg]

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the balance was a little front of centre:

[Image: yCJLKn7.jpg]

With supplied setup it moved a little behind centre:

[Image: ahzkg1Z.jpg]

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

[Image: Edt1ABL.jpg]

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Right on the front grippy taper:

[Image: SGDpjIO.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

Its another nice addition to the range from Shot and once again follows the cultural theme inspired from the Pacific and Asian ancient combat arts. The Tribal Weapon name suits this range well and it has a great look to it. The laser etched points with the arrow design adds to the style of the dart and is qute grippy in the board too.

I think for me as a front gripper it had that same nice feeling grip as the ones I reviewed before but I think the other version was better suited for me personally. These certainly feel more centre balanced as you would expect but they kind of flew a little wonky for me at first yet I still somehow managed to get close or on target. I got them flying a little smoother after some practice but I am not sure I would say they are good for front grippers as such but may be some fronties might be happy with them.

They feel a lot better balanced from the centre scallop and are comfortable to hold there. I think they were smoother through the air but I had to make sure I did not linger too long with my fingers on the scallop, a nice clean release and they were flying very smooth.

From the rear was a bit scrappy for me, they seemed to spin a lot and were quite a bit fishtaily through the air.

I think the darts seemed a little zippy at times, could be down to getting some traction off the grip and adding a little more power though?

Darts are nicely made again and coating is good looking but not sure on the price, I think they have gone up a little more since the last set reviewed and basically that is the only spoiler sadly.

Overall a great looking set with nice level of grip but probably best suited to centre grippers but I think if your a front or rear gripper that has tried a similar shape before and liked it then worth a try for you too.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 9 (great)
Grip: 8.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (2 exact)
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 6 (pricey)
Suitability for me: 6.5 (not quite right)

Best Feature: Balance from the middle Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Another great looking dart, but sadly like most sets these days they are way out of my price range - will add to the review index in a mo Smile
Got to view this morning while enjoying my coffee. Totally cool dart review and pics to match. I like the coating done to the barrel and the design is as expected from Shot great.
(06-13-2018, 03:41 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Another great looking dart, but sadly like most sets these days they are way out of my price range - will add to the review index in a mo Smile

Thanks again Mike! its starting to become a trend now, I can understand in some cases with more machining and coatings etc but even so the overall price limit seems to be increasing.

(06-13-2018, 03:48 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Got to view this morning while enjoying my coffee. Totally cool dart review and pics to match. I like the coating done to the barrel and the design is as expected from Shot great.

Cheers Tom Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Great review peeked my interest in these, twist those darts dont pull them out Darren lol
Aggressive everywhere:- points, grooves, lateral cuts, looks, damage to wallet.

Nice review, nice pictures. - I see wine corks for the groove pattern of that middle grip when they are in profile.
Ryk is equipped with...

Arrows -  23g Showtime Ксения Клочек :: Stems- Core Grip ST Med (Blue) :: Flights - ShowTime 100μm (Colour Burst Red) :: - Winmau Blade 6
Great pics and review!! Interesting looking dart for sure.
[Image: DPwTt6q.png]
Another great review. Thanks Darren.
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
Nice review, as always. 
Regarding the darts themselves, IMHO Shot produces some of the most beautiful darts out there, if not the most beautiful ones.
Price range, its not something I'd want. Grip wise, its something I'd want, but that scallop ruins it for me lol. Scallop sections and my fingers don't go hand in hand somehow. But its an incredible looking dart.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

[Image: 25182308_1603887726334193_27585611969017...e=5B28047A]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shot Warrior 23g darts review Getagrip 35 6,036 06-19-2018, 03:23 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Shot Totem 2 24g darts review Getagrip 14 1,709 06-19-2018, 03:23 PM
  Shot! and Shot Gear reviewed Darts mc1958 4 842 06-13-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Shot Darts Ronin Rei 22g darts review Getagrip 39 3,741 06-06-2018, 05:19 PM
  Shot Ronin Yu 23g darts review Getagrip 38 3,100 05-24-2018, 07:17 PM
Last Post: BigDaddyGabe
  SHOT Darts, 902, 8 Series, 18G, 90% Tungsten Ehudakineyah 10 640 05-19-2018, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Shot 9ti2 24g darts review Getagrip 21 26,770 04-21-2018, 02:12 PM
  Shot Warrior 3 24g darts review Getagrip 17 2,722 03-10-2018, 03:39 PM
  Shot Tribal Weapon 23g darts review Getagrip 37 7,679 03-08-2018, 05:49 PM
  Shot Digit 22g darts review Getagrip 16 5,988 01-17-2018, 05:06 PM