Transformers movie fans question.
So I finally watched the last Transformers movie, very late.. I have to say that I’m just thoroughly disappointed, transformers was my favorite movie franchise.. have watched them 100’s of times, I loved the first movie the second movie was great and the third movie was good, the 4th was decent, but the last movie was awesome.... till the very end..they had a perfect shot at one big last movie to end the franchise, but they just keep hinting at another one... they just keep bringing new characters in new/same doomsday plot, with the main enemy dying/getting away and revealing a new one for the next movie... anyone got thaughts?
 “The Padawan”
Darts: Cosmo Darts Beast Revelation 18gm soft tip.
Flights: 2 white slim fit flights, 1 Tom Sawyer signature slim fit flight.
Shafts: #3 carbon hybrid spinning fit shafts.
Mpr:2.98
PPD:30.45
Max checkout:140
2018 180’s: 4/10
2018 Hat:67/100
Not seen any of the Transformers movies, but the US movie and TV studios do seem to like carrying on with successful franchises past their sell by date - sounds like this is another one. The first couple of Police Academy movies were good but the rest garbage. Same with Heroes - good first season and ok for season two but 3 and 4 were again garbage. Cheers and Friends also got too samey after the first few seasons yet carried on for about 10 seasons each.
The Hollywood money machine has milked the Transformers movie franchise dry. The situation is the same for all their major movie franchises -- Star Trek, Star Wars (with the new Solo movie apparently bombing), Harry Potter, the whole Hobbit/LOTR world, the Terminator, Rambo, Rocky, etc ad nauseum... They’ve all been run ragged and milked dry. It’s a shame that the concept of making quality movies has evidently died and been replaced by grabbing hundreds of millions of dollars with minimal effort, lame movies.
For me the first movie was just OK and I feel every movie has gotten worse since to the point that I haven't even seen the last one yet... It just doesn't feel like Transformers to me.

My main issue with the movies is that the human cast plays a big role which results in lack of character development of the bots and cons. Except for Prime and Bumblebee there aren't really any memorable robots, just secondary characters and cannon fodder.

You are absolutely right in that all movies have the same kind of plot which unfortunately doesn’t help with this issue either.
In the first movie Sam saves the day
Second movie: Sam and Simmons
Third: We need you Sam
Fourth: Thank god for grown-up Sam, ...uh Cade

Why?
The Avengers didn't need the military and that one special kid to kill Ultron and save the world, why do sentient robots from another planet with technology light years ahead of ours?
The opening scene of the first movie is the best representation of how I would like to see our race vs theirs. At least it happened… once… which leads to my next point.

Missed opportunities.

Where did the rivalry they started in the first movie between Bee and Barricade go? I would have loved those two go head to head again in one of the other movies.
Maybe they could have had Brawl and Ironhide be more on equal footing as well with them being the weapons expert of their faction. Things like that would really help individualize each bot and con.
The wreckers in the third movie are also wasted. In my opinion they should have been the autobot special task force to deal with the decepticon dreads. Again, a substory that allows for character development on both sides.
Dinobots… Why were they even in the movie? For transport? You turn into cars remember…

I could go on but I’ll stop my rambling here… 
Maybe there’s hope with the upcoming Bumblebee movie as it promises to be a much more confined story and sort of a soft reboot.

Till all are one! Tongue
[Image: Soundwave_zpsrn1m16bf.png]
Match darts: Shot - Warrior
(06-13-2018, 02:23 PM)Adams Wrote: The Hollywood money machine has milked the Transformers movie franchise dry.   The situation is the same for all their major movie franchises -- Star Trek, Star Wars (with the new Solo movie apparently bombing), Harry Potter, the whole Hobbit/LOTR world, the Terminator, Rambo, Rocky, etc ad nauseum...   They’ve all been run ragged and milked dry.   It’s a shame that the concept of making quality movies has evidently died and been replaced by grabbing hundreds of millions of dollars with minimal effort, lame movies.

Very true, but as long as they make money, they will keep getting made, just like Superhero movies.
Whilst they are entertaining enough, I prefer looking at movies made in other parts of the world for original, story driven films rather than 2 hours of action/explosions with a thin plot shoved in there somewhere from Hollywood.

As for the Transformers movies I wasn't particularly bothered about watching them, but the wife loves all that stuff so I have watched the first 4 films with her. Thought they were okay.
I wanted it to be the big finale.. to end the franchise with a bang! I thaught through the movie.. it’s relaxed.. I bet they are building up for a huge final battle to finish the run of successful movies... but instead made the worst one In the series, and introduced a new movie.. ive also heard micheal bay won’t be directing it, hasbro pulled the plug on bay.
 “The Padawan”
Darts: Cosmo Darts Beast Revelation 18gm soft tip.
Flights: 2 white slim fit flights, 1 Tom Sawyer signature slim fit flight.
Shafts: #3 carbon hybrid spinning fit shafts.
Mpr:2.98
PPD:30.45
Max checkout:140
2018 180’s: 4/10
2018 Hat:67/100
I think that's the first time I've encountered 'Transformers', 'Movie' & 'Great' in the same sentence without the words 'pile of' following them.

Then again, the last time I was excited about a Transformers movie was the 1986 animated film so I don't think I'm the intended audience, but the cast on that one did include Orson Welles, Leonard Nimoy, Scatman Crothers & Eric Idle.
[Image: 39952462010_db5ca0a1d0_b.jpg]

Darts: 22g Azzurri Cortex CX2 | 180's (total): 63 | 180's 2018: 38 | Highest Checkout: 136 (T20, T20, D8)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any NHL hockey fans? SpoonyG 50 627 05-19-2018, 01:16 AM
Last Post: The G
  Any boxing fans? Walker 16 988 03-11-2016, 01:10 AM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  Any scotch fans out there? Milkysunshine 47 7,715 09-24-2015, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Dartbuggy
  question for the computer guys ! (question answered) jamie373 13 1,280 09-07-2013, 07:25 PM
Last Post: USMC80