Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I would like some inside info,on "Sheffield" and "Glaskow"
Hello guys.I know this is a long shot,and not really the place to look for answers,but if someone lives in any of the two cities in the title i would like some info on them!

So heres the deal,i want to apply for a masters degree on games design,and from the stuff i have looked up,the 2 ones i ended up with are: University of Sheffield,and University of Glaskow.

Now since my financial state is not very good, I would like some info on:

1)How cheap/expensive is every day life in those cities?
2)how expensive is rent?
3)Is it easy for a university student to find a part time job there?
4)Are these cities safe to live in?
5)Any info about activities in them?

Plus any extra info you may think of.I dont know anyone in these countries so i have absolutely 0 information on what to expect,which makes my decision so hard to make.So if you could spend 5-10 minutes of your life to tell me a little bit about them,i would massively appreciate it!

Thanks a lot in advance guys!
Glasgow ...

1) it can be as cheap as you want it ... can be expensive as you want it.
2) once again that’s up to you.. if you want to live below the grass it can be dirt cheap ... if you want city centre accommodation the sky is the limit.
3) plenty of part time work about.
4) no more safe / dangerous than any city in Britain... on the whole Glaswegians are friendly people.
5) plenty of activity’s in Glasgow too many to mention.

Good luck with your choice ...
(05-16-2018, 01:51 PM)Panos Limperidiss Wrote: Hello guys.I know this is a long shot,and not really the place to look for answers,but if someone lives in any of the two cities in the title i would like some info on them!

So heres the deal,i want to apply for a masters degree on games design,and from the stuff i have looked up,the 2 ones i ended up with are: University of Sheffield,and University of Glaskow.

Now since my financial state is not very good, I would like some info on:

2)how expensive is rent?

Plus any extra info you may think of.I dont know anyone in these countries so i have absolutely 0 information on what to expect,which makes my decision so hard to make.So if you could spend 5-10 minutes of your life to tell me a little bit about them,i would massively appreciate it!

Thanks a lot in advance guys!

Glaskow = Glasgow .. by start Smile
may all the doubles be with you

Quite clearly the Glaskow is a simple translation issue.
[Image: 33600209483_5693b42d44_c.jpg]

180's
2015 - 1
2016 - 1
2017 - 32
2018 - 2/25 
League Darts
24g Harrows Verve - Green Harrows Tweenie Stems - Standard Green & Black Harrows Retina Flights

As other have said it will become a case of how cheap or expensive you want it to be you will find cheaper places to eat and shop etc if you need too.
2)how expensive is rent?
Rent again will tie in with the above I am pretty sure that both cities will have good living accommodation for your budgets.
Due to them being big cities I would imagine part time work is easy to come by Glasgow does have lots of bars and shops all city centre based.
A place is only as safe as it can be everything has a bad reputation and a good reputation this will 100% depend on the area you chose to live in.
Both Sheffield and Glasgow will have plenty to do in them both.

My advice after being to both cities is that I prefer Glasgow but I have only ever been there for leisure never for work or college etc.
[Image: 33600209483_5693b42d44_c.jpg]

180's
2015 - 1
2016 - 1
2017 - 32
2018 - 2/25 
League Darts
24g Harrows Verve - Green Harrows Tweenie Stems - Standard Green & Black Harrows Retina Flights

oh crap,i didnt realise the grammar error (it translates with a "k" in greek so i assumed it was spelled with a "k" in latin as well Big Grin ).

for accomodation im not looking for anything fancy and big,as long as it is near the uni campus. as for cheap/expensive life, im 27, i dont "party" much,i prefer spending time with friends in parks or friends houses than going to expensive restaurants and clubs, so as long as there are cheap student shops around im all good as well.

The way you guys talk about them, sounds like pretty massive cities. how is transportation there?is it easy to move around in them?

Thanks for all your help!
Glasgow ..

Central station / queen street station will take you anywhere you want in the country ...
Also the underground will take you round the city. 
Plenty of bus routes also.

Lots of parks,museums, library’s to spend some free time in. 

I would say Glasgow really is a great place for students ... plenty of places also offer student discounts.
(05-16-2018, 06:09 PM)Cooper84 Wrote: Glasgow ..

Central station / queen street station will take you anywhere you want in the country ...

I would say Glasgow really is a great place for students ... plenty of places also offer student discounts.

Thats really good to know,thank you very much!
(05-16-2018, 07:05 PM)Panos Limperidiss Wrote:

Have you had your application accepted at either uni ? dependent on the number of applications  on occasions you will not be accepted as the course will be full
(05-17-2018, 10:02 AM)Little al Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 07:05 PM)Panos Limperidiss Wrote:

Have you had your application accepted at either uni ? dependent on the number of applications  on occasions you will not be accepted as the course will be full

i have applied for both a couple days ago,w8ing for replies.