Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Part Joins Sky Commentary Team Full Time
He will be joining the team full time, so does that mean he is retiring?

I dont mind his commentary, he is a smart guy
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I don't think he is retiring, I think he will just be doing the commentary when he's not playing. He has been great at the Matchplay though - I didn't even mind Wayne Mardle when the two of them were together.
John Part and Chris Mason would be some team, it will never happen though with Sky Sports bending of the rules.
[Image: RabSmith2222.png]
I'm not so keen on Mardle, he is ok in small doses.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Mardle would be okay if he found his own style instead of mimicking Sid Waddel all the time:-)
[Image: RabSmith2222.png]
I don't like Mardle in the commentary either - but when he was in there with Part he didn't seem anywhere near as bad as usual.
I think Part does a fine job of commentary the few times I've heard him in that context. I also think Mardle does a decent job of it. The worst for me in terms of understanding what's being said is when Bristow is in the booth.

I do like to hear them talking from a pro's perspective and not just someone that has been announcing matches for years and has not played at that level.
The only thing about Part that bugs me is he keeps calling the trebles 'tribles'. Other than that I think he does a grand job. I do like Mardle too, he is very enthusiastic.
[Image: Bigshow2.png]
[Image: WCWx3_zps22721675.png]

(07-30-2013, 01:41 PM)Bigshow Wrote: The only thing about Part that bugs me is he keeps calling the trebles 'tribles'. Other than that I think he does a grand job. I do like Mardle too, he is very enthusiastic.

Being from Canada, he may be saying "Triples". I know here in the U.S. we never say trebles unless you are talking about a fishing hook that consists of 3 hooks joined together to form something similar to a small grappling hook.
the trouble with tribbles, its a Shatner thing, he is Canadian too

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do Darts Weight Change through Time? Do the Grip Gets Flat through Time too? dartsmantaiwan 5 368 06-19-2016, 02:48 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Brendan dolan joins winmau Del 9 731 12-15-2015, 09:37 PM
Last Post: kamikersie
  Scott Mitchell joins Winmau mc1958 10 778 09-20-2015, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bfrposh
  Kevin Painter joins Winmau Getagrip 13 1,557 07-17-2015, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  John Part: r the glory days over? NiteEyez 34 2,333 06-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Last Post: NiteEyez
  John Part speaks to Stuart Pyke paulc73 2 562 12-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Hatrick
  John Part Tarriq 19 1,442 07-21-2014, 10:09 PM